Posts by LNW

I have no secret recipes. When I’m asked for one I always give it out. I’ve been asked for my vegan cake recipes many times here and on two other non-cake related message boards and I’ve happily posted them. They aren’t really my recipes anyways. I’ve made changes to the originals yes but that still doesn’t make them totally mine. I have this awesome recipe for raspberry mousse cheesecake that I always make for bbq’s and pot-lucks. It gets rave reviews and I’ve...
I ordered the book from Amazon as well. I have tried some of the recipes out of the book and all but one was a disaster. The worst was the Valentine’s Day cake pg 131. I did it exactly like in the book with the filling, syrup etc. It was NASTY. My dh hated it especially the filling. I think it was the crème de cacao that ruined everything. The only one that did work out was the lemon blackberry cake. It wasn’t great but it wasn’t bad either. I used the same idea...
What is the bride's response to all of this?
Lol butternut!I can’t remember any cooking disasters of my own but I remember one of my little sister’s. I think she was about 8yo when it happened. She was trying to make Jell-O. I was in my bedroom and she came running down the hall screaming her head off that the stove was on fire. I ran into the kitchen and found a plastic salad bowl sitting on one of the stove burners spewing Jell-O water and fire everywhere. I grabbed the bowl off the stove with a pair of tongs...
I provide the stands and charge the couple a rental fee to use them. All those other little decorations that go around it I expect the family I’m working with to provide. The last wedding cake I did all the flowers and ribbon were given to me by the bride and groom’s mothers. Otherwise all that would have gone on the cake was the bead border. They knew the stand they chose had candle holders on it so they were responsible for bringing the candles and they forgot. So I...
It turned out wonderful. I was so annoyed with how badly I smoothed the sides. I can’t for the life of me get perfectly straight sides on my cake. The icing lumps up so the cake has humps on it. Drives me insane and the more I mess with it the worse it gets. The couple loved it and all the guests were raving on how awesome it tasted (I was told I HAD to stay for the wedding lol. They even had the best man and an usher watch over me to make sure I didn’t bail) The...
I charge $10 per dozen for simple cupcakes, $15 per dozen with a filling and $20 per dozen if they want something other than a swirl of buttercream on the top. But I live in a pretty cheap area if cakes cost more in your neck of the woods I'd go higher. $25 is crazy, tell her to go to Wal-Mart.
The wedding is at 2pm on Saturday. They wanted me to come in around 12pm to set up the cake. I will be stacking the cake, putting on ribbon and a small bead border around the bottom of each cake (3 tiers). I want to get there around 10-11am to give myself more time to get things put together and a cushion just in case something happens. They don't care either way. I don't want to get there to early and the cake just sits there for 4 hours though. It's hot; it's going...
Weird. Sounds like she doesn't know anything about tiered cakes either. Your cake is very cute! When I took the Wilton courses at our local CC my instructor did not use fondant so she didn't teach it. She had 18 years experience as a Wilton instructor but she hated fondant and refused to use it. She was very honest about it though and recomended some other places in town to go and get instructions on using it. I would have been livid if I'd paid that much for a...
No problem The wedding is Aug 5th so you won't have to wait to long for that pic! Thanks so much for the help!!