Posts by LNW

Very good to know Gatorcake
I think the Amish get a pass around here (Missouri). I’m not sure why though. At the last FM I went to there were two ice cream stands set up. One was being run by some Amish boys making ice cream out of this big barrel they were spinning around and the other was being run by a local ice cream shop. The line to the Amish stand was sooooooo long. They couldn’t keep up and were sending people away and instead of going right across the way to the other stand people were...
I agree with the majority on this, I’d still give her the discount. It’s not like she’s trying to take advantage of you maliciously. She lost her job unexpectedly and now gets an email from you about having to pay full price for a cake you both had already agreed to do at a discount. It’s kind of harsh. Maybe you could work out another deal with her. Is there something else she could do for you that would be worthy of the discount? You never know, she could have...
My family knows I dislike cake so they always get me a big, blueberry pie with vanilla bean ice cream. I can seriously eat the whole thing myself if I'd let me
The uncut video is MUCH better! Big surprise though In the original video there was this whole mess with the missing cake you took money for but never delivered etc. It’s actually explained in the uncut version. I was confused about that after I watched the first video. They definitely edited that story to make you look as bad as they possibly could. You spoke really well though and you sounded great. Once again, I’m sorry your going through this.
Wow, I'm sorry it has gotten this far. What are you going to do now?
Yikes! That is one banged up cake! I did a graduation cake a couple weekends ago for a friend. It was extremely hot that day so I put the cake in the fridge for hours before we left. My dh drove like a little old lady, the AC was blasting and I had the cake box sitting on a non-slip mat on the flat bottom of the trunk. When we got to the party I carried the box in myself holding it carefully with my hands right in the middle of the bottom of the box. When I opened...
I would stick to your contract. I don’t think all the booty kissing in the world will make this group of folks any happier with you. You want rid of them anyways so go with it.I was contracted to make a wedding cake for a couple. They also had me make some cupcakes for the bridal shower. The cupcakes sucked. I forgot an ingredient and they turned out like cornbread (so I was told, I didn’t have enough batter left over to make extra, just what they had ordered). The...
Ooooo those are so pretty! I admit to being one of those people who has a hard time eating food that is so perfect and pretty. I’ll wait until someone else take the plunge then I’ll go in after them Lucky for me I married a man who likes to be the first to dig into stuff so I don't normally have to wait long.I made a beautiful loaf of mango bread once for a tropical themed company BBQ. Nobody ate any of it. I was so upset about it. The next day at work my dh went...
Your cupcakes are awesome and I love the way you packaged them up. They look really cute! I agree with MamaDear and CakesHeaven. If you don’t want to do bunch of cupcakes or a cake for every event that comes up then pick one big one the church does and offer to do that every year or whenever they do it. If they want to use you for every event and your okay with that I’d give them a few cakes to choose from with a set price and go from there. That’ll make it easier for...