Posts by porcelindoll

Has anyone ever tried the cake mix from Country Kitchen? They have white, yellow and chocolate 18 oz cake mixes. I used to live near their store, but now I have to order online from them and don't want to place an order just for cake mix.http://www.countrykitchensa.com/shop/food-items/premium-cake-mix-white/46/532/1761/635869/
I've been wondering the same thing about the Americolor white, but I've heard that you can find butter at a health food store without the added yellow color. It's supposed to help you keep a white color.
The thing about the condensation makes sense. Thx. And I used buttercream under the fondant and a dam of buttercream, and just 1 layer of cream cheese filling, so hopefully my fondant will stay on the cake. This is the first cake anyone has paid me for, so I'm a little nervous.
I just finished a cake with a cream cheese filling and MMF, but now I'm not sure what to do with it. It's for tomorrow. Does it need to go in the fridge? I remember reading somewhere that MMF isn't supposed to go in the fridge.
I did a Thomas Train cake last week for a birthday. Here's the picture.http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1984109I baked a very dense sheet cake and cut out equal pieces for the box cars, layered and iced them. For the engine I used cake baked in tomato sauce cans for the round sections and then used rice cereal treats for the sides and back of the train. This was the second train I did. The first one I just used rice cereal for the engine and molded it with my hands into...
Does anyone know how long stabilized whipped cream will hold up? I have a friend that wants to use it on her wedding cake, but I'm worried that it won't last through the reception. Also looking for a good recipe if anyone has one. Thanks
"When I read this post I started to feel really bad that I just hired you to do my wedding cake it June I feel like you guys need a few months off to relax and get some sleep before the October wedding season starts. But in reality, I'm SOOO excited about you making my cake, I just can't bring myself to cancel the order. I was literally bouncing up and down when I left your shop I was so thrilled! Does it make you feel better to know how much you are appreciated and...
Duff's website www.charmcitycakes.comclick on HTML to enter the site, I have issues when I tried the Flashclick on Fun Stuff and then scroll down to boots to see the cake and the original boot.
That is so funny, because I too have spent a night dreaming of cakes and icings. I guess that's what happens when you spend 2 straight days playing on this site and reading EVERYTHING!
Wow, darlene_000, thanks. I wasn't expecting local shops. That's wonderful. I haven't lived in Az long and haven't had a chance to check out the local places.