Posts by baker101

good point, I guess too thin would be hard to handle.
I followed all instructions, the frosting sheets are premium frosting sheets brand new, they were all used after 10min ink drying time, the buttercream was fresh no crusting, backing peeled off easy and adhered to the cake quite nicely just the frosting sheet still kinda keeps a paper like texture and never gets soft enough to become icing like texture still feels like paper when eating it. I know there a tons of people who use edible printers, does your frosting sheet...
I just got an edible printer for Christmas and did a ton of research before buying and how to use everything. I purchased from a recommended company who frequents Cake Central and everything is working great however Im not pleased with the frosting sheets (not wafer paper definitely frosting sheets). Ive tried 3 cakes now all with fresh buttercream and I laid down the images, definitely should be enough moisture for it to adhere and soften. It sticks fine but the sheet...
Instead of making fun of......maybe you guys could give some helpful advice so they know what to do for next time. Isnt that what we are all here for? "Just for laughs" is on a different channel. For a cake to last 7 days you would definitely need to freeze it (well wrapped) and then let it thaw in the fridge the day before. To leave a cake out (non refrigerated) it will only last a couple days and even then its depending on whether you have used anything in your cake that...
I put my mmf cakes in the fridge and the freezer and nothing bad ever happens. They do get a little shiny but thats it.
I always double check names, ages, dates etc.. but no one is perfect and finally after 8 years and hundreds of cakes i messed up the date on a baptism cake. I didnt realize until i was going through the photos of cakes i had taken that week. I contacted the client and apologized and offered her a $10 discount on her next order. She was very satisfied and has since received many more cakes. No one is perfect but if you double check your work before it goes out thats the...
Join the club.. I just waited two extra hours for my pickup to showup. I find people think they can come whenever they feel like it, as if we have nothing better to do than wait for them all day.
you could also use a strawberry flavouring oil such as the one made by LorAnn and than it tastes like strawberry but is white.
I make my smash cakes 6" one layer. Everyone has there own personal preference thought, some do 4" one layers, some do cupcakes or giant cupcakes.
i paint all the time, its actually goes on quite qucikly. Mix gel colour with a bit of alcohol based liquid such as vanilla extract or actual vodka (i try not to use this one if I dont have to) and its easy as pie. I use this technique when colouring large areas of red so I dont have to use a whole bottle of colour to get the bright red look. tip: painted cakes dont like heat, the colours starts to run so if the cake has far to travel or a long time out in room temp than...