Posts by cakesbgood

Not sure if their will be kids at the party or not, but they didn't request cupcakes . It's for a 70th birthday party though. But I've decided I'm just going to go ahead and do a full sheet cake, with the piano cake on top. THAT should cover the servings, I HOPE lol!
LOL, I like that , need dieters to come . But your right, I think it'll be a bit shy for that many people to. I really didn't want to go any bigger then the half sheet. Maybe I could do the half and the piano, and just make a small one on the side for extra. I think that's what I'll do, I usually have some batter left anyway! Don't know why I didn't think of that before I posted this lol, thanks! Gale
I have a set of the old wilton piano cake pans, the one where theres a larger one for the bottom, and smaller one that goes on top. So my questions is if I make that cake, 2layers for that one, and put it on top of a half sheet cake, do you think that would feed 75 people? The piano cake itself would only be about a 1 mix pan/cake. I'm thinking it won't be enough! And if not, any ideas on what to use, a whole sheet would be to much. Thanks everyone! ...
I've ran up to walmart a couple times, which is the closest store to my house, to pick up things I've run out of real quick. And when I've bought their powdered sugar I noticed that my buttercream seemed almost gritty in texture. I won't use powdered sugar from there anymore because that's the only time I've had a gritty texture to it so I know that's the only thing it could have been that caused it. I didn't use any thing else that was different. Did you use a different...
Boy do I know exactly what you mean! Last summer I worked in the bakery at one of our grocery stores for about 3 months, I ended up quiting, just couldn't take it any longer. The same thing happened to me, being left alone trying to deal with customers when you don't know anything about their bakery or where anything is drives you CRAZY!! Then all I was being told the whole time was "do it production" style, they really didn't care how the finished product turned out, they...
I haven't took it yet, I just found out about it a few days ago on here. I still have to remember to call my Michaels and find out about it. I'm going to sign up for it to if their offering it here, I'd like to know how anyone who is taking it or has took it likes it also
I didn't even know they had this class now. Can you take it at Micheal's also? I'm going to have to call the one near me and find out now lol. It's been awhile since I took the wilton courses, but I miss the girls to . No one here at my house cares about cake talk lol .
I would definitely get at least a deposit on wedding cakes! I let my husband talk me into doing one for a co-worker of his this past October and since it was someone we knew I didn't ask for a deposit. They were suppose to pay in full the day we delivered the wedding cake to them, but just THIS week, they have finally paid me the entire price for it!! And I did this for them for ONLY!!!! $125 So it has took 3 months for them to pay for their wedding cake that I did soooo...
Do you already have one that you use, or have used? If so, if you just add a little of the plain popcorn salt, it really cuts back on the sweetness. Sometimes I add that and sometimes I don't it just depends on who I'm making the cake for. Or you can just use regular salt also.
Or any grocery store in your area. Most of them will sell you a box, just make sure to get the cake board with it to, sometimes they can forget to put that with it!