Posts by planeart

I logged in here today as I remembered your sister'swedding was this weekend. Anticipation.....I love the cake. I was surprised at the simplicity and I mean that in a very complimentary way. I don't like "fussy" cakes; they just get too busy. You have such a good eye for balance and design. Your cakes are so well crafted and classy! I love the peacocks and the detail. You are truly an artist!I too am curious what fondant you use and how you chose it. I am using Choco-pan...
I'll have to check that out myself. I've never used confectioner's glaze but I'm hearing more about it. The assistant's work was very inspiring and just plain incredible. She was so focused and was just cranking those little works of art out! She definitly has a background in fine arts with how well she constructed and painted.I also agree that they won in large part because of her. The whole team was very streamlined and efficient. It was neat to watch. I was also...
awww, I think it looks kinda cute
I was trying to avoid the cost of the pans but if the other way is going to be a disaster, I'll do it. How much do they run? Any good place to order?Thanks!Brooke
Need advice and opinions. I would like to make a cake for my mom's 75th b'day. She wants coconut cake. We will celebrate her day as well as Easter. I would like to try to make it in the shape of the 7 and 5 and then decorate with decorated flower and Easter egg sugar cookies around it laying in some green coconut Easter grass.Would I make a stencil on the computer for the 7and 5, bake rectangular and round pan cakes and cut to create the number shapes? Cut/fine-tune shapes...
I have some white chocolate fondant (using baking911.com recipe) that I made around Thanksgiving. I had intended on using it right away but never was able to. Is it safe to eat or even usable? I hate to throw it away but that's life! Its double-wrapped in Saran and has been in the back of the fridge.TIA!Brooke
Thank you so much for all of your replies. I am glad to hear I don't have to keep buying glucose. It is expensive and I want to make a few recipes that call for it.I am making a white chocolate fondant and went ahead and measured in 5 liquid oz. of glucose. It has to sit 24 hours but seems to be a good consistency this morning. My confusion was because the Wilton Glucose was listed as a 12 oz container. When I measured out 5 oz in a liquid measure there was less than half...
I am making a white chocolate fondant recipe. The recipe calls for 5 oz. of glucose. Is this 5 oz. liquid or 5 oz. in weight?Also, I purchased the Wilton glucose and it is difficult to work with. Is light corn syrup a good substitution for the glucose? Thank you so much, Brooke
I am a beginner in cake decorating and would love to get a supply "must have" list". I did my first small fondant "wrapped present" cake and loved it. It looked goofy but I had so much fun and am now obsessed. I am so impressed by what I have seen here so I know I can get a lot if info and ideas.I would like to know what sized spatulas are good to start with? Should I get the large Wilton fondant roller? What about reference books? FYI: I have the Wilton cake decorating...