Posts by Eliseawood

Does anyone know how to get the pops perfectly round. I keep trying and I keep getting pops that are round on the bottom and flatter on the top. I have tried 2 cake mixes and a cake mix doctor recipe that has sour cream in it. The babycakes website days it works with cake mixes. I know it isn't the machine. I tried pancakes and brownies and got perfectly round balls. So... It must be the batter or something I am doing. What kind of recipe do you use to get round...
It is so obvious from your pictures that it was smashed! Even the decorations are smashed into the cake. It was really cute!
Wow! That is fantastic! I am a teacher and I just love it! I might just have to make a cake like that and bring it to school for teacher appreciation week!
I have had this very thing happen. When my MMF is just white, it works perfectly. But, when I add the paste food coloring to make a very bold color, it does exactly what you said, cracks, stretches easily, and just won't work well. I have tried to add powered sugar or cornstarch, and I have tried adding Crisco as well. I had to just throw 2 batches away! It was so disappointing! If anyone knows a solution I am dying to hear it!!
Here is another recipe that doesn't have to be refrigerated. It is for a fresh strawberry pie, but don't put in the fresh fruit. 3-4 level tablespoon corn starch1 cup sugar2 tablespoon corn syrup1 cup water2 tablespoon dry strawberry jelloboil until thick. Take off stove and add 2 tablespoon dry strawberry Jello. Add red food coloring as desired. Use any flavor of Jello. Peach and lemon are delicious also.
My friend found a filling recipe that doesn't need to be refrigerated. It is delicious. You can use any type of chocolate chip. She used Andes mint pieces, and it was spectacular. It doesn't have any milk in it, and it stays thick for a very long time!Here is the recipe:Chocolate Filling1/2 cup water1/2 cup sugar2 Tablespoons cornstarchMix together. & cook on medium until thick. Take off burner. Add 1 Tablespoon butter and 2 oz semi-sweet chocolate. Melt. Chill...