Posts by crisseyann

Do NOT get the wilton....super unstable.
I use tons of the electric colors and super red.
My son wanted me to do his wedding cake a few years back, knowing I was just a hobby baker, birthday cakes only pretty much. He DOES know I make awesome cakes and I think felt that he would be happy with what I would do.I flew from Michigan to Virginia, cake pans and supplies in tow, and had the most wonderful time making a 3 tiered wedding cake for my son and soon-to-be DIL. I was there 3 days before the wedding so allowed myself plenty of time to do this for him.It was...
That's the way I have always done it, for the above posted reasons.
I just HAD to but the Babycakes Cake Pop maker when Kohl's had them on sale AND I had a $10.00 off coupon. I've only used it a couple of times but it IS pretty nifty. A few years ago, after I took the Wilton classes, Michael's and their coupons were my best friends! I accumulated a bunch of stuff to feed my addiction.
Thank you all for your ideas, suggestions and condolences. You guys are the best! Thie is what I came up with. Indeed, this was the most difficult cake I have made. His birthday is next month and the thought of not making him a birthday cake is heartbreaking. This last cake, in his honor, was truly a labor of love. Thanks again, everyone.http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2099262
You won't have any problem using your Sunbeam for this task. A lot of people don't own stand mixers and get along just fine. Just make sure to scrape around your bowl well as you beat. Don't worry!
I have a dear friend who recently passed, under rather tragic circumstances. He was the manager of a local bar and this is where they are holding his wake. Anyway, I have, for the last 7 or 8 years, made his birthday cakes. He always held his parties at the bar so I've given his cakes there and he always raved about them. Half of the time, he would take the cake with him and not cut it and share with the other patrons.Sign up board asking for volunteers to bring...
I would guess there is a dowel or some type of structure beneath the "beer flow".
I am also a HUGE fan of Whimsical Bakehouse House Buttercream. Deliciously creamy and not too sweet