Posts by crisseyann

For the only petal cake *I* have attempted, I used a the same consistancy icing I use to ice my cakes, medium, I would say
One of those hand-held clothes steamers.
I wouldn't.
I can't wait to see this cake! I am a BIG fan of Sweeney Todd. Well, actually more of a fan of Johnny Depp.
Love the Spinal Tap idea!
Fill two Ritz crackers with peanut butter and use those in place of the Oreo. Placed in the molds and filled with milk chocolate....Reeses Cup! I used to make them before they came out with these cool molds, just by dipping them in chocolate, but these molds are awesome!
This is a really light whipped type buttercream. I like that it doesn't leave you with that greasy mouthfeel like a lot of grocery store bakery bc icings do. Whimsical Bakehouse House Buttercream In Mixer bowl, stir together: 2 lbs. Confectioners' Sugar 1/8 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract Using whip attachment, add and whip on low speed: 1 cup boiling water (3/4 cup on hot/humid days) *I always start w/ 3/4 cup, then add more later as needed. Whip until smooth...
See above^ It was posted.
I'm afraid my recipe doesn't use real butter OR powdered sugar. I would LOVE to find an awesome recipe that DOES use real butter. Until that happens, I will continue to enjoy this one. I hope you like it. Cut-Out Cookies1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed1 cup granulated sugar1 cup shortening2 large eggs2 teaspoons vanilla extract6 cups all-purpose flour 2 teaspoons baking powder1 teaspoon salt1 cup milk (add 2 teaspoons baking soda to this in measuring cup, stir)In large...
I have my late MIL's cut-out sugar cookie recipe that is the ONLY one I will use. It bakes up soft, moist and holds its shape well for decorating. I use my standard crusting American Buttercream (part shortening-part butter) to ice with. They are almost cake-like but firm If this sounds like something you might be interested in, let me know and I will post the recipe.