Posts by crisseyann

Thanks.  I did search through Google AND the galleries.  I really didn't find what I was looking for and thought I would ask here.    I ended up using white and yellow sanding sugar and white sugar stars atop each cupcake.  I'll post a pic when I get them set up at tonights party.  Thanks to all!
Cute idea, Paola!  Thank you for taking the time to respond. :)
I am making WASC cupcakes, iced with SMBC, flavored with my homemade lemon curd for an adult Christmas party at our boat club. Does anyone have any cool ideas for decorating these to look festive and maybe a bit more sophisticated than your average cupcake? Thank you so much in advance. :)
I am making WASC cupcakes, iced with SMBC, flavored with my homemade lemon curd for an adult Christmas party at our boat club.  Does anyone have any cool ideas for decorating these to look festive and maybe a bit more sophisticated than your average cupcake?  Thank you so much in advance. :)
Americolor gel in Super Red works great.
That's too funny, letsgetcaking! BTW....your chocolate dipped cupcakes are amazing! I'm going to have to give that a try.
I had a neighbor, who after trying my cakepops thought she would give them a try. She tried using a chocolate buttercream instead of melted chocolate. BIG failure. She brought me over some to try and they were a mess! Tasty, but not neat at all. Plus, (bless her heart!) she made them the size of a small childs head! LOL Ok, I'm exagerating, but not by much.
Thanks so much, Irene! You were spot-on correct. I gave a little squirt of Tulip Red into the ziploc bag and kneaded until most of it was incorporated. I then greased up my hands with a little Crisco and kneaded it with my bare hands. Other than a few tan colored hard specks (which were easily picked out), it turned out perfect! Thank you again.
I have a softball size clump of tan colored gumpaste left over from a project (a failed project at that!) I worked on a couple of months ago. I wrapped it in a zip loc bag and stored it in a small, sealed plastic tub. My question is....It is a bit firm, too firm for rolling. I wish to roll it out and cut it into small rectangles for a brick wall on a cake I am making. It will lie flat on the cake. What is the best way to soften this to roll out.? Microwave? Kneading...
Thanks for posting those links, Irene!