Posts by bethyboop

thank you all for your thoughts and ideas....i truely appreciate them.I would be ok with carving, but i have never done it before and therefore, i am not sure how comfortable i am doing it on a non-practice cake.but, what if I cut the sides off of the bottom tier to make it more triangular shape and then used the scrapes to build upwards? would that even work? how hard is it to ice cut cake? does it crumb alot? any suggestion for a first timer?
ok--the theme is happy feetI have figured out my penguine FBCT issue..thanks to those who helped.now then,she wants an ice berg shaped cake???the cake structure is double layer 8 in on bottom with double layer 6in stacked on top.any ideas on how to make this cake look like an ice berg? TIA!Bethyboop
killer lemon recipe--trust me, it is lemon extreme!!!box lemon cake mix--follow the box directions except...replace all water with thawed lemon juice concentrateadd box of lemon instant puddingadd 2 extra eggsyou can also use the concentrate to thin and flavor bcTO DIE FOR!!!
not sure, i am too new too, but here is a bump!
well, it gorgeous! i am not quite sure what you were practicing because all of your cakes look great!!!if you have just now started classes....you go girl!!!! rock on with your bad self! i have had 3 courses and nine months to practice and none of my cakes look like that--definatly none of my practice cakes!!!
well, i think maybe i can do it...it came to me "if i cant do a FBCT face down, why not face up and build it backwards?"so instead of mumble looking down on the board as i freeze him, he will be looking up this way i can work on his front side while on the wax paper instead of his backside. i was also able to roll him to remove the lines before i placed him in the freezer. IMO he looks much better, his outlines are neater, his features are more consistant and he is...
oh hey, i just realized that I dont have to give up...i will just never agree to do a character cake again because of the pressure!!!! give me dots, lines, scrolls, flowers, bows any day, but never again a character!!!oy vey!!!sorry just venting--still!
what recipe do you use? I tried the wilton banana cake recipe this weekend...was very yummy, but came out like a bread rather than a cake.
thank you for your comment...this is the front view of the transfer. flooding the area makes sense. maybe i will try that. I thinned the icing to the consistancy that I use to ice the cake. thanks for the heads up on a curved figure.....but any suggestions on how to get it that way? is the side of the cake not the best place for a FBCT?
Caramel Frosting-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Description: A Rich, Thick, Caramel Frosting--Great for Cakes or Cupcakes Cooking Time: Ingredients: 1/2 cup butter or margarine (1 stick), softened 1 cup C&H Pure Cane Dark Brown Sugar, Packed 1/4 tsp. salt 2/3 cup milk 3 cups C&H Pure Cane Powdered Sugar Instructions: Melt butter in saucepan; stir in brown sugar and salt. Bring to a rolling boil and boil rapidly 2...