Posts by bethyboop

well, I am not a leveler...i push my cakes down while hot. Some people do not like doing this as it changes the density of the cake, but I have never noticed a huge density difference, and there is no wasted cake or tempting scraps to nibble on. It helps because i am too cheap to buy a leveler and i cant cut straight to save my soul. i have also overfilled my cake pan slightly so that when it bakes, there is a nice dome for me to cut off while the cake is still in the...
you might try this website:www.searchbug.comI like this site, and use it alot, because you can search for companies by type in your city/area.
but i heard the pink gets lighter so i will put some pink when it melts just in casesorry this is late, i bought and made strawberry MMF in may, still have some left, and it is still just as pink. and it still tasts very good too...my kids love it!!cant wait to try the chocolate ones!!!
i just got back from vacation in vancouver...i think they can get that much because the cost of living is so different...it is much higher than the midwest. for goodness sakes, the burger king was paying $12/hour.
ditto!! i have used both crisco and walmart and prefer walmart...it also seems to have a higher melting point as it did not melt as easy as crisco.
walmart in the house good isle by the ironing boards, etc...
i was asked to do a b-day cake this weekend. When I got there with the cake, yes I delivered it, the mom asked me if I brought a cake server, knife, and candles..WHAT???? However, she did not ask me to cut the cake, nor did I offer, after all, this is her cake now (see penguine cake for reference)Taken back, I politely said no, but offered to drive home and get mine to use and another parent went to get candles--after all, i did not want my name in mud. so my question...
you could also buy those plastic table covers for a $1, and get lots of board coverage from them because they are so big. another bonus is, they are washable, so you could reuse them for different boards. Just a caution, your cake will slide, so ( as i did not ) I would use icing or non slip mat under the cake to glue the cake to the surface. to get it to stick to the board, I just used staples--worked like a charm!Thanks for the other really cool ideas!!!!!see penguine...
i dont think it should be in the direct sun, but given that, i think it would be ok, but then again, i dont know from experience. Good question about the oils...so i guess here, is a bump!I look forward to other's responses.
color flow is the similar (maybe the same thing as) flooding, usually done on cookies.eureka!!! color flow instead of FBCT--what a great idea! wish i would have heard that earlier. color flow is also a good thing because it gets hard and then you can write on it with color safe food writing markers....just letting my imagination run.Thanks...