Posts by Susan94

How about whatever hobby or game that he likes to put that on the cake.
Please list your favorite cake decorating websites again because my computer crashed a month ago and they are all gone! Thanks so much in advance. I don't remember any of them and so I might learn of new ones that you give me.
I might be making part of the party favors for my 20th High School Reunion and wanted to know if I should lessen my overwhelmnes by making the cookies and decorating them and then freezing? Will they thaw well and be able to put in the clear plastic favor bags? Or could I bake and freeze the cookies plain without icing and then pull out to frost them over a few days? I just want to do as much as I can ahead of time since I still have a house, two kids and a husband to...
this is hilarious and across the U.S. with these mixer purchases. I love it! We all deserve it here especially with all of our cake decorating and cookie making!!!! I use mine at least 5 times a week! Anyway make sure you buy one mixer per credit card to get the $30 rebate cause it's one per household. you know about rebate right? Let me know and I'll try to email it to you.
I found out about this ad mistake from another "mom" forum i belong to. I'm so glad. I went last night with my "wrong" ad that had any Artisan mixer for $150!!! It took me on a mission the full day and two Lowes didn't honor it and when I went to the third and doing some negotiating and telling him that I"m right that the ad says "all of July", he couldn't argue. They redone their ads but I found an old one laying around in another dept so I had the proof. I coudln't...
I found out about this ad mistake from another "mom" forum i belong to. I'm so glad. I went last night with my "wrong" ad that had any Artisan mixer for $150!!! It took me on a mission the full day and two Lowes didn't honor it and when I went to the third and doing some negotiating and telling him that I"m right that the ad says "all of July", he couldn't argue. They redone their ads but I found an old one laying around in another dept so I had the proof. I coudln't...
I made the cake and will be posting it on my photos soon. Thanks again everyone. This is the final cake that I will post here too.
thanks so much. Now it's 10pm and I'm going to get moving on the cake. It's been sitting around like that all day while I waited for the customer to tell me what she wants. She first wanted it painted and then brush embroidered instead which is easier for me. She wants the flowers off the cupcakes though and just one or two seashells on it. I don't mind changing because she is paying for everything I made so far and for the changes and I have time to work on it tonight. I...
icing?I have extra stiff royal icing and i have to cover a cake with brush embroidery technique and in the past I used just buttercream to do that technique. Am I able to use royal icing just the same? I just don't want to make a batch of buttercream if I don't have to tonight. I have to cover the top and sides of a two tiered cake that is covered in fondant and wondered when the royal icing dried would it pick off (or dry off). Please let me know asap if you can? It's a...