Posts by amsegu

How about something like this? You could do the tux in taupe and the bowtie and hankercheif in gold. I'm sure she wouldn't mind if you used white for the shirt and possibly the buttons
There are couple of different ways to do basket weave but I have found this way to be the most successful as well as the easiest. The drawing looks like there are two vertical lines each time but it's just the "brush" I used in photoshop. Obviously using a basketweave tip (beleive it's number 47 tip) do a verticle line from the top the the bottom. Then using the same tip do as many horizontal lines as will fit on the side of the cake but they must be spaced the same width...
I've included a sketch to show what I meant. Sorry for the cruedness of the drawing.
The only way I can think of incorporating everything would be to do a scene ontop of the cake. For example, you could do a slab cake (maybe a 9x13) covered in fondant and patterned like a wood floor. You can then do a figuring made to look like your husband wearing a doctors coat and wearing a stethescope while hammering something infront of him with one hand and holding a bible in the other with one or two child figurines (maybe to look like your grand children) infront...
I think you can do it. If you make a very dense cake such as a pound cake (if you are using a boxed mix, it probably won't be dense enough to stack 4 layers of cake) then all you would have to do is make two batches (enough to fill an 8" square pan 4 times). Each layer should be aprox. 2" hight after it has been torted (leveled) which means 4 of them stacked would give you a height and width of 8"x8", give or take, since you will be layering icing between each layer (once...
How about something like this? It's summery so it would go perfectly theme wise and it easy to make (this is the pic of one of the first cakes I ever made) The basketweave is buttercream, the top of the basket is fondant colored the same color of the buttercream then rolled into a long log, folded in half and twisted to make a rope. You don't need to dip the stawberries in chocolate, but if you do decide to do so, then make sure you dry the strawberries thoroughly to...
I won't go into why I no longer wish to do cake decorating since we all know the issues that come along with it being in the business. I've been debating this for about a year now and this weekend was the straw that broke the camel's back. I have spoken to another local cake decorating companie about honoring my prices if my customers choose to go with them... but I don't know what to tell my customers (those who have already placed order but have not yet paid or put down...
I hadn't thought of offering it as a grooms cake! What a great idea. I'll see if she'll go for it.
You can click on the picture to make it bigger She wants it leaf shaped because her soon to be hubby loves the Toronto Maple Leafs hockey team and he wanted something incorporated. She doesn't seem willing to budge on the shape of the tiers unfortunately. I've attached another picture for better viewing.
So I've done a sketch of a cake that a customer wants for her wedding. She likes the idea of a cherry blossom cake with the branches climbing the cake...but I don't see it looking good on a maple leaf shaped cake. The cake doesn't necassarily have to be brown. Her colors are latté brown and a light blue but she's also looking at incorporating pink, yellow and maybe green as accent colors. The base color can be white. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how this can be...