Posts by Sandra80

I have been asked to make stephen king themed cupcakes.....thus far we have The shining with Redrum cupcakes (red velvet with rum buttercream) and we have It with funfetti cake and cotton candy buttercream.....trying to come up with a 3rd idea.....any body have a suggestion? I really am not up to speed on what's stephen king and what's some other book/horror movie.
you know that's what i thought but i'm not nearly knowledgeable enough to think it was right. thanks for confirming what i thought but that's what she wants...anakin and leia. that said, any ideas with the two characters that aren't supposed to be togther but are now thanks to my annoying SIL? last year (although it was a pain in the butt) i made 2 cakes for the party. one his (thomas the train) and one hers(giant pink cupcake). i wish that we could do that. i feel bad...
i am sooooo not a star wars fan and my darling sister in law has requested a star wars birthday cake to be made as a joint cake for her 5 year old son and 2 year old daughter. she suggested anakin skywalker and princess leia (or how ever you spell it.) so yeah i could just do a basic cake and make fondant figures of the two but i'm looking to see if anyone has any ideas for me. my star wars knowledge stops with knowing who darth vadar and yoda are so please give me extra...
i know that this is too late for you now but i don't even try to make black (or red for that matter) fondant. i buy it premade from satin ice. it's worth it to me to not have to knead it all together till my arms feel like they're going to fall off to get the color i want.
thanks guys, you confirmed what i thought it was but i just wanted to make sure. i like the way that smeared thing looks but i'm gonna have to practice it once or twice first. this is a seriously last minute cake (wedding is 7/21) and i don't have time to experiment too much, i might just do the dots and sprinkle some "sand" around it. now you have me worried about the chocolate melting though. i know it's a backyard wedding so what do you guys think, switch to gumpaste or...
ok i need help! i have my first potential wedding cake to do and they sent me a pic and there is a part that i can't figure out. on the middle tier, what is that effect? that kinda smeared thing, what is it? oh and the shells look real to me and while going to the dollar store and buying some shells to stick on sounds nice and easy, i am kinda skeeved out by putting shells on something people would eat. i know i can make them out of chocolate so any advice on that wold be...
ok i made the cake. it came out alright. i did try to downplay the guns part, i was not comfortable with the whole "let's go kill some animals" thing. it's in my pics. i'll try to figure out how to post in the thread later.
i always use my kitchen aid, i mix all the wet ingredients first and then add the dry to them. i mix till it looks right.
i make things for my family member for free mainly because i like make cakes as much as i can so i can 1. practice 2. take pics for my portfolio the only condition i have is that they can't tell me the design.it's a gift from me, you take what i give. i don't want to do a simple boring cake because it's nothing to add to my portfolio.my SIL just asked me to make 2 cakes for her kids shared parties and she say just make two rounds and i'll stick toys on them, ummm no! if...
i don't know what size they are, they are like 6" long by 3" wide by maybe 1/4" thick? they seem to be pretty standard size to me. i just buy them in the lindt chocolate store.