Posts by AuntAndrea

I gotta go with the "nays" on this one... I actually got three of them a couple of years ago at an ICES convention -- two are still in their wrappings. It might be me, but I just can't seem to get it to work right at all. The bristles are terrific, but the "pump" part... the dust just doesn't seem come out in a good way for me. I'd rather use a fluffy makeup brush and dip on my own.HTH!!...Andrea
Where did you hear about this contest? I haven't been able to find anything about it anywhere on the site...?? Thanks!...Andrea
I've only used Royal Icing for Brushed Embroidery -- I never tried it with buttercream. I use the RI on fondant-covered cakes so it will dry hard and be "safer" to transport. I'd be worried about doing it in buttercream 'cause with my luck I'd probably end up smearing it... ...Andrea
Here's the link to them on Global Sugar Art:http://www.globalsugarart.com/search.php?search=funky+alphabet&searchimage.x=0&searchimage.y=0Enjoy!...Andrea
I grew up using a Sunbeam, and absolutely loved it. The standard beaters it came with worked just fine for everything I needed to do. And the darn thing was a total workhorse -- my family and I used it all the time for at least 20 years before it finally gave way and needed to be replaced. Only then did I go buy my first KA, mostly because I'd been dreaming about having one for years at that point. Now, I love my KA, but I also loved my Sunbeam and have very fond...
I think I know what application you're filling out... They're trying to get some insight into your personality -- I would try to answer the question in a way that allows you to tell them something you want them to know about you.Like..."I'd be a flavor extract, because I'm so versatile"."I'd be chocolate, because I'm so sweet".Something like that. But use something better than my examples... they convey what I'm talking about, but they're still too corny. I hope that...
I've been a Wilton Instructor for about a year and a half now, and I do enjoy it, but... From my own experience and what I've heard from other WMIs, I think the one thing that will make or break your experience as an instructor is the level of interest from the manager(s) of the store where you end up working.I consider myself very lucky in that both of my store's managers (I work at a Michaels) are nice, fun, and very supportive of the Wilton program. They allow me and...
Oh yes... the Entennman's Outlet Store!!! Where discounted snacks were then marked with a red marker or a blue marker to indicate that they were "seconds" (meaning they weren't perfectly showing in their box anymore) and you could get another 40% or 50% off!!! Who cared if one of the cupcakes had fallen onto it's side while inside the box -- it was still delicious, and now 1/2 price just cause the package didn't look perfect!!! HEAVEN!!! Oh how my family could do some...
YET ANOTHER UPDATE / CHANGE... Okay, I spoke with the folks running this event, and they've agreed now to completely eliminate the contest entrance fee!! So now you can enter the contest for free AND still get full admission to the Gold Cup event itself for you and your guest! That alone makes it a great deal!! Some more info/updates: Yes, Duff will be there, and he will be one of the judges for the contest. He's also bringing his own 3'+ cake in honor of the Gold...
Another WMI over here! Been teaching at Michaels for about 1 1/2 years now... (Taught my class tonight, in fact!)