Posts by mommachris

Forget the ice pack. Give her a cup 3/4 full of water and a strip of duct tape to attach it to her dash board. Call it her 'Cake Monitor"....if she makes it splash the cake is in danger. Proceed at your own risk. :) mommachris  
 Sobering but true statement that we can't 100% guarantee that our cake will arrive in pristine condition. I need to add that to my contract. Going off topic here... "some jackwagon pulled out in front of me" You my dear have a way with words.   Sorry this happened to you, glad you were not injured, and a cake with one good 'side' is better than no cake at all or a truly hideous one that even a filter on the camera can't hide its flaws. mommachris  
If I'm asked to bring a cake with no indication that I'll be paid for my time. I do what everyone else does...go to Costco. :) Hey, they don't expect the lady that is a florist to show up with center pieces. mommachris  
Please, please, please do not bake for her again. Common sense says that she will repeat her complaints. If I don't like the taste of Applebee's, I don't go there. She should have just not called you to begin with if your icing wasn't sweet enough for her based on the last order she placed. Really...who calls someone with set recipes and asks them to change their tried and true system because their opinion is that it isn't what they want? I wouldn't call up KFC and...
Honestly, if I don't like a meal I ordered I just mark it up to experience and don't eat there again. What is wrong with people? Food is not something you can promise  everyone will be satisfied with in terms of taste. It's subjective. You make the best product you can. It will be the amazing to some and sawdust to others. If she was a normal person, she'd just find a new baker. I'm with everyone who said she just wants to have her cake and eat it, too. Don't worry...
Hi Lacy, First of all, welcome. If you are asking what I would charge for a cake that size, assuming it's not a special flavor, mud cake or coconut filled etc., I'd have to say not less than  $60. But that takes into consideration that I need to buy fondant ( it's cheaper to make), my gas bill, all used items from pastry bags to wax paper to line my pans have to be considered. And I pay myself, too. I've done cakes for a while so I'm faster than a beginner, but I...
Am I the only person  that makes them with flavored coffee creamer instead of icing? I sold hundreds of them made that way.   mommachris
Okay, so the night before she wanted to reduce the price by forty servings? My response would have been, "No problem, did you want me to hack that off the back or just leave off the 12 round?"   Cause there's no way you're getting the same amount of cake from me for the cost of 40 servings less.     mommachris  
I know I'm under-priced...box of five for five dollars. However they aren't that much work for me having done so many on them I just get on a roll and can do about 8 dozen in one and a half hours. My binder is flavored coffee creamer, use Wilton melts thinned a bit, never put them in the fridge during the making process. I'm selling them right and left in my tiny little town. They have almost paid for half my new stove in just the last month. Guess they aren't for...
Thank you Ladies, feeling better about going into this next week.  I knew someone on here had done some experiments. By the way you cakes are flat out amazing! mommachris