Posts by Edibleart

I have a 4 tier wedding cake in a couple of weeks. The bottom 3 tiers - 12, 10, 8 will be dummy cakes and the top anniversary tier will be actual cake. They will all be iced in buttercream. Do I mark the tops of the dummies for the next tier and leave that uniced to stack it? Maybe I could lightly attach a piece of foam core and remove that after icing, or maybe leave that on and glue the next dummy to it? I do have to travel about 30 miles with it. I am planning on adding...
Thanks, andysprite - I was thinking of something similar, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to go with something upright or lying down. I think though that lying down would be a much safer bet for the event! I had thought maybe do 2 - 6" cakes, stack them and then cut down 3 round circles out of an inch or so of the top, leaving the circles attached and cutting "v's" out of the sides so that when it was frosted it would look like 3 firecrackers. I could probably vary the...
double post...
Wow - I must've posted right when they were doing maintenance or something because this post showed up 4 times! I apologize!
I need a small cake for a cake walk - serving 10-15 people and they requested a firecracker theme. I have done some searching but I'm wondering if anyone has seen anything neat or have any neat ideas. I'm not sure if I should go with a single firecracker or a "book" of firecrackers, or maybe 3 standing together? Any input would be appreciated!
I am actually looking for cutting diagrams. I can find all the even number ones, in both techniques - starting 2 inches in and cutting around and the technique shown by Indydebi. I just haven't been able to find an actual diagram for cutting a 9" round cake, in either way. I wanted to send a diagram of each size (6-9-12) along with the cake so that it could be cut into the appropriate servings. A member of the family is going to be doing the cutting so they have little to...
http://blog.pinkcakebox.com/jeweled-wedding-cake-2008-10-14.htmThis is the cake I was asked to make for a wedding in June. Except their colors are gold with champagne and brown. So, instead of the crystal brooches and monogram, I need to make something gold out of gumpaste. I don't want to use dragees because the bottom border is going to be a pearl bead border. They are having pink gerberas on the table but don't want that on the cake. I thought about adding a pink...
I have been searching also and haven't run across anything except the even sized pans. I have a 6-9-12 wedding cake for this weekend and was hoping to include a cutting diagram, but I'm not having much luck!
I know this is an old post, but I was wondering if a chart for the odd size pans has ever been made - like the 7, 9 and 11?
Those are terrific ideas everyone. Thanks!