Posts by Joyfull4444

Goldas kitchen is not the greatest for shipping if you live in BC. I wanted a single cutter, just a small one at 5 dollars and the base rate for shipping to bc for that was $10. Not something I'm willing to pay within Canada.
Bit late in answering but.. I'm in Canada also. I have not ordered from Global sugar art, but have ordered from other US cake supply websites, and yes, you do have to pay brokerage fees and duty. I have to pay at my door before the delivery person would give me my parcels. I gave up ordering from the US as its just too costly. My great deal of a lifetime air brush that was originally 200 bucks got extremely expensive after paying $45 shipping, a brokerage tax of $50 and an...
I bought two sets of new Wilton baking strips last year. Bought the big packages with assorted sizes, as my old ones had seen their days. I had to throw the new ones in the trash, because the chemical smell from them ruined my cakes and smelled up my oven so bad, I had to put it through the self clean cycle twice before the smell was gone. It took us days to get the chemical smell out of the house too. It was pretty awful. The newer strips are not made of the same...
Thanks RainbowBeach Good to know it tastes so good. I think I'll do 1 1/2 cups B sugar then, if you think it can take a bit more sugar. I do like my gingerbread on the sweeter side. I only use unsulfered Barbados molasses, so with the two sweeteners, plus the guiness, it should work out perfect!Thanks again!
RainbowBeach, what made you decide to omit the second cup of brown sugar? Did you find the batter tasted better this time around? I'm going to try making this for a family dinner this coming weekend so want to get it right the first time if possible.Thank you
I think I might have found some helpful info on the guiness spice cake problems that some of you have had. I was interested in the recipe also, but reconsidered after reading about it not working that great. So I did a bit of research to see what I could find. Here you go..The original recipe is from Claudia Fleming, former pastry chef for the Gramercy Tavern. The recipe is called/named, The Gramercy Tavern's Gingerbread. The recipe is also in Ms Flemings book "The Last...
Hi GinaginiThe link is for Internation distributors of cake supplies from the Wilton website. You have to scroll down a bit to find the distributors for Greece. There's two suppliers available with name, address, phone and email included. All products bought would be Wilton products though. Best of luck, hope you find what you need. http://www.wilton.com/about/contact/intl_distrib.cfm#europe
This might be some help. Its a short video featuring Cile Bellefleur. In it she gives her recipe for her royal icing. Plus how to make a royal rose on a stick or dowel if thats of interest. Cile always added cream of tartar to her royal icing recipe. Even when using meringue powder instead of egg whites. I have the old Wilton encyclopedia's plus a couple other old wilton decorating books and they call for cream of tartar in the royal icing recipes also. The newer...
This post really caught my interest as the Wilton silicone brownie pan sounded ideal for some of my projects. I did a search on the pan as I've never seen them, but didn't find a lot of comments that were in favour of the pan. It seems most people who've bought the pan had sticking problems. Here's an older thread from 09 about the silicone pan. Now that I've read this and other negative comments online, I'll be doing a lot more thinking on...
I'm just taking a stab here but, did your icing contain an acid such as lemon juice? Maybe thats why the black stencil turned blue/This is from an article by Christina Blais titled; Food colorings, its a colorful world. "Some colourings wonÂ’t produce the desired colour when added to an acidic preparation, such as icing that contains lemon juice or cream of tartar. Brown can turn greenish, while purple may turn blue. Omit the acidic ingredient if you can." Not sure what to...