Posts by kellykake

Definitely Satin Ice is the way to go ... think "tootsie roll" because you'll think you're eating one!
does anyone have the link to the Frozen Buttercream Transfer recipe/instructions? I use it all the time and refer to it on CC - I can't find the page anymore!!
Thanks for this - I was wondering the same thing.
Absolutely make sure you drive one wooden dowel thru the center of the cake from top to bottom. Make sure you don't put a supporting device, such as a straw in the middle section because you don't want to hit it when you drive the wooden dowel thru.Get yourself a pencil sharperner and put it aside for wooden dowels only - this way you will not contaminate the wood. Also a tac hammer to pound the dowel thru.Good Luck.
Yes, I would use Bubble Tea Straws. you can get a package of them off eBay for $5 or less. I recently watched the Topsy Turvey Cake DVD by Sharon Zambito and she used Bubble Tea Straws to support the 3 layer fondant covered cake - and we all know how heavy fondant is! I also did a 3 layer wedding cake and use the BBTs and it worked great!
In NYS it is illegal to sell bake goods - or any food - out of your residence, unless the residence is inaccessable from the rest of the house - like a seperate entrance. Then you'll need a license - check with the Health Department or the USDA. Once you do this, you'll also be subject to taxes, insurance, inspection fees, etc.
In NYS it is illegal to sell bake goods - or any food - out of your residence, unless the residence is inaccessable from the rest of the house - like a seperate entrance. Then you'll need a license - check with the Health Department or the USDA. Once you do this, you'll also be subject to taxes, insurance, inspection fees, etc.
Hi! Hopefully someone out there can help me. I just got a wedding cake order for July 18th in New York State - summers here can be extremely hot and very humid. The cake will be 2 cake dummies covered with black fondant and one real cake covered with black fondant. How does the fondant hold up in the heat/humidity? The wedding is outdoors!! Thanks!
Does anyone have pics or instructions on how to make royal icing Bees? These are to place around a Winnie the Pooh image.Thanks!
This sounds good....I have never tried a cake made with flavored coffee creamer. Can anyone provide a link to recipes? Or give suggestions of combinations?I'm looking forward to trying this!