Posts by button-moon

Hi guys! Im from the UK too Havent been on cake central 'properly' for a long time.I often used to get really confused by the American terms so im glad to see a UK thread!Im hoping if I can subscribe to the thread I can keep up with you guys! and hopefully share problems/tips etc.xxx
Thanks very much any advice on how they do it where the edge of the cake stand has a 'lip'?I thought such a thin board for the bottom tier would maybe bend slightly when moving...making the icing crack?
Hi Guys! Firstly I would like to say hello! its been a LONG time since I was in the forum xxMy question is....Sometimes you see cakes that look like they have been decorated ON the stand:This is not my picture or cake, i grabbed it from google:Do you see how I mean....theres no board? Obviously there will be a bottom board...but the size of the cake.For transportation, how would you do it without damaging the icing..moving it on and off the stand.And there are also stand...
ZOMBIES! LOVE zombies maybe just hide a few skulls amongst the roses (i know they are not zombies...but they are close LOL)or small skull heads in the middle of a few roses.Id LOVE that
ive noticed alot of 3d cakes use rice krispie treats....especially for heads etc?but i havnt got a clue where to even start making them!! wouldnt they all be knobbly? and show thru fondant? any info on how to make them and how to cover them in fondant without getting lumps would be great!!! thanks in advance girls lv Tracey
hi, ive been asked for a 3d bratz cake!!but surely the heads are too large and the bodys too skinny to be able to make a good cake from it!!! i was thinking of using a bratz doll...and putting a 'cake dress' on it. but just wondering how you guys do it? are their legs too long for a dress? do u take their legs off? can u get the legs back on if they are removed?? or if the legs are left on will the dress look in proportion??coz some of the cakes (the dress bit) can look...
hey, im building up the courage to try crusting buttercream!! and ive got a recipe here off cakecentral which is the same as another one i found.it uses2 pounds of sugar1/2 cup of butter1 1/2 shortening (veg fat)1/3 cup of waterand 2 tbls of vanilla extractthis is all fine.......but what are these in english! i work in grams....and ml for liquid.... i dont want to get it wrong on my first try...ive tried to convert on the internet and got:907 grams of sugar115g butter340g...
hey, i have the exact same problem!! i have to add gum trag to the fondant first and let it rest a little.....then i roll it out fairly thin and keep lots of icing sugar underneath. then dip ur cutter into a little icing sugar just to help it to loosen!! i usually roll mine out and leave it for 5 minutes before i cut them out....the icing seems to firm up abit.when ive cut out the letter i remover all bits that arent needed (like the middle of a O) with a cocktail stick....
hey all. i tried to post this in the turkey thread...but said it no longer existed??anyhoo, i have a roasted turkey cake to make for xmas...theres TONS of great turkey pics on here....but havnt come acroos one that has been covered in fondant. ive never worked with buttercream before....but im thinking that carving the cake into a shape then covering in fondant will leave it looking lumpy? it love to try buttercream but dont no where to start.im from england...and you...
hi, its just a normal victoria sponge. in a 8" deep pan. if i dont bake them for 2 hours they come out gooey!! the temp is 140just how my recipe says!! its driving me mad!