Posts by ctorno

I forgot to mention the tip I used for the rose swirl was 2D.For the bases (series of pics below):I had several super long stemmed fake roses that I cut sections off to make the bottom of the bouquet look more real (pictured below). Clustered them together with a dowel in the center, and I wrapped it first with floral tape. I then squeezed in the leaves where I wanted them, placed it in the vase and adjusted the leaves to where I wanted them before adding the ribbon to...
I had some questions on my cupcake bouquets, so I thought I would post the helpful how-tos I used to get me through it.Here is a step by step guide I used for assembly, but because I had the leaves in the way I did not glue mine, but had a dowel that went through the styrofoam and in to the basehttp://www.reynoldspkg.com/reynoldskitchens/fun_shapes/en/recipe_detail.asp?subID=121&Step=ShowRecipe&RecipeID=849&page=114The rose...
You may no longer need this, but I have used Spectrum Organic shortening which is with palm oil. I have found It is firmer in texture so you might need more liquid. I have used part spectrum with crisco to cut the greasiness of the crisco, or firm up the icing if butter or cream cheese was in it. I found no flavor issues. I made a cake with all palm oil shortening before and it was quite firm.I can't speak to environmental issues...guess I should look into it.Hope this helps.
I have never had a problem with this cake except when I used pilsbury, or any box mix with pudding in it. I now only use Duncan Hines and I get great results and flavor every time. It does take longer than the recipe states.Aside from pudding in the mix problems, I noticed the density was different when I would use egg beaters. I now stick to just eggs.Don't give up on this cake. Every time I make it someone new tells me it is the best cake they have ever eaten...no matter...
I have used it on my kids birthday cakes before. To me it added undesirable flavor...kind of mint like. I also found the coverage to not be that great like some of the others stated.My main problem was the weird flavor it added.
Another "warning" of black fondant. Not to be gross, but it will cause one to have an oddly green poo. I have kids, and they have eaten black fondant. You can think your child is sick if you did not know they ate it. I tried to put it as delicately as possible, but I have warned parents to not be too alarmed if that happens.
I have ordered Satin Ice Black fondant. It is perfect in color texture and oh so yummy. I was making my own mmf until I tasted Satin ice...now I do not even bother since this is soooo delicious. I have noticed people eating all the fondant when I use it rather than peeling it off. It has that mmf flavor. I order it from In to the Oven....they get it to you quick.http://www.intotheoven.com/p759/2-lb.-Black-Fondant-by-Satin-Ice/product_info.htmlJust an option.
I will say that there is a difference in brands. I heard so many wonderful things about it then ordered from Sugarcraft. They have the CK brand. The smell was not what I was expecting...very lemony...wasn't very appealing. I saw many posts saying it was nasty, so I went to another site and ordered it (doitwithicing.com) I think the brand is magic line, but it is not on the label...the smell was heavenly. I have since used that one 1 1/4 tsp of that and same amount of...
yes you can. I did it for my elmo cake if you want to check it out. the fish and sign are buttercream transfers.You could also use the same concept by making a few cookies to stick around the cake.good luck!!
You could do it as a frozen buttercream transfer. Someone did an argyle design that way, so it seems it would work.As a note, you can blend the colors a little more when on the cake with a paintbrush dipped in hot water. This helps with all kinds of things on a transfer .