Posts by Lenette

I am baking cheesecakes for an event, using my regular cake pans.  I need 350 servings.  The stand I am using holds a 6, 10, 12, 14 and 14.  I have also baked a 13 inch, and two 9 inch.  I am planning to bake 2 more 13 inch and 4 more 9 inch.   I am worried that my math is wrong and this will not be enough.  Can anyone offer any advice please?  Should I bake more?   Just to recap, this is what I have planned: 6 10 12 14 14   3- 13 inch 6- 9...
I must be missing something so thank you for your help. My thought was that a 2 layer 13x18 cake will feed 100. If I put four of those together (so 400 servings) the cake would be 26x36 (and about 4" tall) which would require a piece of plywood 30x40. I measured my car and my door, I can go over and measure their door. I am making calls to secure help for carrying this thing, cuz I know lil ole me can't do it alone. Are my numbers off? I am kind of over tired these...
Thanks! They did tell me that one giant cake is fine. It is for a major anniversary so I think they are looking for something unique and decorative, especially since I charge more than the grocery stores.
I have an order for "sheet cake" for 500. I don't typically do sheets (nothing wrong with it just not usually what folks order) but what I'm wanting to do is 1 large cake to make a big impression. So, I'm thinking put 4- 16" cakes together (2 layers) or 4- 13x18 (also 2 layers) and have 1 additional to make up the servings. Has anyone done something like this before? Any tips on decorating a cake that size? TIA for your input
I saw this earlier and it got me to thinking. I think the JenMatt who posted has a valid point. There is a lot more involved with weddings at least around here anyway. Brides take up a lot more of my time (which is fine, it's just a fact) with calls, emails, wanting to meet, tastings. Then I have to talk to the venue to confirm times for delivery and such which is often more than one quick call. I deliver most all weddings and at times have to go back to the venue...
Thank you both for replying. I will go ahead and order the containers, we'll see what happens. I just wanted to make sure there weren't a bunch of disaster stories LOL
has anyone tried to ship these? I would like to send some to my niece for her bday next month. I have only shipped cookies before and don't want to spend the money on the containers if I cannot ship them. TIA for any input
Thank you for your help, that's what I was thinking but couldn't quite get it together in my mind. My brain is weird like that sometimes.
Does anyone have a formula or suggestion for calculating how many cake balls are needed for a 3-4 tier wedding cake? I need to come up with a number for my client. I think they want at least 300, I use a scoop a little larger than a melon baller for mine if that is helpful at all. I appreciate any ideas on how to approach this. Thanks
Thank you all for taking the time to reply. I can see where I should have done some things differently so I decided to refund the money to her. Situation rectified (as best I can anyway). Some days your the bug, some days your the windshield. Life goes on...