Posts by spring

My best advice is to do a "trial run" video before you set your price, especially if you don't have any editing experience.  From start to finish, it's often the editing process that takes the most time.  
Every cake horror story I've ever heard used wooden dowels for supports. I know there are people who swear by them but you couldn't pay me to use them. Wilton makes a plastic dowel that's very sturdy and can be cut easily with pvc cutters. They are the only dowels we use.Minette
Let me start by saying, I am not my customer...my customers pay much more for my cakes than I would. $3.50 for a cupcake with that flower on it is more than reasonable, imho.Minette
There are 2 videos on my Youtube channel that illustrates how we cover a cake with fondant (buttercream underneath) and how we get sharp corners on your fondant covered cakes. Link is below. Hope it helps.Minette
I know it's frustrating. Rather than lowering my price I would offer another design option that would meet her budget. Otherwise, I would let her walk....Minette
I know it's frustrating. Rather than lowering my price I would offer another design option that would meet her budget. Otherwise, I would let her walk....Minette
How much profit will you make if you sell the cake for $300?I am not my customer. My customer will pay much more for our cake than I would...just saying.Minette
Jeesh! Thanks CWR41 for reminding me why I stopped visiting Cake Central.A well wrapped frozen tier will taste just as fresh a week later (defrosted) as it did the day you put it in the freezer. Make sure you keep it wrapped as it's defrosting. If it tastes like a "typical grocer case cake" going in, it will taste like a "typical grocer case cake" coming out. Your bride should have a delicious cake and as long you deliver a delicious cake, does it matter that it has...
Make sure your beaters are completely covered with buttercream...the mixing bowl should be filled to the top with buttercream. Turn on the mixer, we set our mixer around med. speed and let it run for 5-8 min. until the frosting is smooth with no air bubbles.Minette
We cut our fondant strips, dust lightly with powdered sugar, roll it up loosely, put in the freezer for a few minutes and then put it on the cake unrolling as you go. No strectching and easy to apply!Be sure not to leave the strip in the freezer too long or you will have trouble with breakage. If you have excess powdered sugar on your ribbon, you can remove it by spraying vodka with your airbrush or use a piece of fondant and rub lightly over the excess powdered...