Posts by chaptlps

Sorry Unlimited,we live out in the boonies of NE Colorado. So we aren't actually expecting this sort of thing. My boss didn't even know about the scams. He had heard something about it on the John Tesh radio show but didn't think anymore on it. I saw red flags immediately but in deference to my boss I wrote the person back (afterall he did talk on the phone to my boss). But I made it quite clear in a very professional manner what is expected, that we only take cash, and...
OMG, my boss just got one of these except it was from a "Ben Parker"Almost word for word of the one that cfao got. I knew I had seen this type of scam before but my boss hadn't. Glad I checked it out.I did send him an email detailing what we can and cannot do. But now I might regret that but then I also stated that we do not take checks and that they needed to pay with USD. Other forms of payment would not be accepted. Hopefully he'll just move right along and go somewhere...
At our bakery we use either "Best Brands" or the brand from "Cash-Wa"I prefer the one that uses only the water and oil (better texture) than the one from "Cash-Wa" which uses eggs and water. It comes in many different flavors but we mainly use the white mix or the devilsfood mix. The carrot is ok but we don't have a large calling for it. If I have to make different flavors then I'll either doctor up the white with whatever I need. Or I'll do it from scratch.We have a 20...
Yeppers, the icing dam will work. It doesn't really matter if it's whipped icing or bc. Just having something there to stop the flow is a good idea. Also another thing is that for the most part, tres leches cakes are NOT storage friendly. Meaning, that they need to be served pretty much within a few hours of completing the decorating. As gravity does take it's toll and the milks will "settle" into the bottom of the cake eventually making a puddle. The icing dams won't...
Hiya Martsy,How much milk mix did you put on the cake? sounds like there's just a tad too much in there. Also another thing you might try is to make an icing dam around the bottom of the cake and then on each layer as you fill it. You want just enough mix in the cake to make it wet but not soaking. Hope that helps
Well dang, I posted the cake pic over a week ago and posted it in here almost a week ago and well hmmm, I am baffled ?!?It must be as bad as all that.
Here's a cake I posted two days ago and it's only gotten 39 hits (about 4 of those are mine) and one comment. It isn't really all that bad is it????? I was just wondering...... but o well........ (anybody got any cheese?)http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1154196
For the marzipan to stick, you have to glaze the cake with either simple syrup or some sort of fruit glaze. Then it'll stick just fine and then you can apply the fondant. You would first need to make sure that you fill in any holes or gaps (bubble holes etc.) with little bits of marzipan then glaze and then cover with marzipan and then cover with fondant.
hmmm, then my next guess as to why it's not stayin straight is that the table itself might not be level.
K, I have a question. Did you cut the dowels after you put them in the cake? Or did you put in one dowel to guage the length and cut them all exactly the same?If you just insert the dowels into the cake and cut them off at the frosting level you might end up as you did with a wobbly cake. But, if you measure one dowel and cut all the rest the same length as the first one (each layer will be different) then your next cake up will be resting on a level surface. (all the...