Posts by Caribou

He's African American and wears his hair in a natural style, it's as ookie as Colette Peters when she makes a cake and she doesn't wear a net either. I know you didn't mean anything by that but I'm just commenting. I'd just rather focus on the cake or style than someone's personal appearance.I like his cakes and the show. Sometimes it's the only airing of cakes on tv so I enjoy them. He uses unusal flavor combos too. His prices don't seem inflated in my area. We have an...
Links to past episodes with recipes:http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_cl/episode/0,,FOOD_9952_13968,00.htmlWith Colette PetersRecipes Colette's White Cake Basic Buttercream Icing Rolled Fondant Royal Icing http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_cl/episode/0,,FOOD_9952_19633,00.htmlRecipes Classic White Cake Easy Meringue Buttercream Tiered Cake Celebration Layer Cake http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_sh/episode/0,,FOOD_14521_31809,00.htmlRecipes Baby...
I have it and some DVDs around so I can grab it for you. PM me with your info and I will copy it tomorrow and get it in the mail.
VERY LONG...Lots of info this time because most are not cake decorating shows but have cakes featured in someway. You will have to look at the network and determine your show times, but here ya go. Enjoy.America's Test Kitchen From Cook's Illustrated Next showing: Bake Sale Favorites Congo bars and all-American brownies; boxed brownie mixes; baking pans.View in Grid •  Fri 2/17 5:00 AM •  241 KTCIDT4 •  30 minutes •  No rating •  Interests, Educational, Cooking, How To...
I have a thread entitled "TIVO" something or the other in General with cake show listings on tv. I have to update this week, so I'll probably just do it online and post it tonight. Looking forward to all the shows.
If you don't like her and don't want your kids associating for whatever the reason, be as honest as you can with her without hurting feelings and just tell her that although the kids play together, you think the age difference between your son and her daughter doesn't make for the type of friendships you support.I have to say that I don't really understand that unless I've missed a few posts, which is possible. I've had numerous playdates at my house that consist of me...
Thanks all ! Great suggestions!
Sorry to go against the grain, but I happen to like sheet cakes. I've never done them, or rather not many but prior to learning cake decorating, that's all I bought for parties and celebrations. They were easy to cut and I don't really see the difference with sheet vs. anything else. A cake is a cake to me. You can do the same artwork on a sheetcake that you can do on rounds and others. Maybe I'm missing something but I'm not sure where the opinions that sheet cakes are...
If you buy a character cake kit from a store or anywhere else, that's well within fair use because it was made and produced specifically for that purpose. But if a kid likes a picture of Dora from Nick JR. magazine and brings it to the bakery to print an edible image for a cake, it's not. Makes sense to me. No one here would want their creations used and mass produced for other reasons and it makes sense to me that Disney and the like don't want that done either.I think...
I think the site looks great. The background color might be too muted though. You might want something a bit brighter to contrast the white section with the cakes and detail on them on the main page.Also, since your son is designing it, ask him to edit the "Page Title" so that it says something about your cakes or even Welcome. Look at the top of this website. In the Blue bar at the top, it says "Cake Central.com" and then whatever page you are on. It's just a nice detail...