Posts by SweetAsLemmons

I sent her a copy of an invoice along with the terms and conditions and specifications that I needed a signature. Since she is a bit far from my location, she deposited the amount directly into a business account I have for these purposes (although she had notified me she about the deposit AFTER it had been made). I again told her, I NEED BOTH PAYMENT AND SIGNATURE or the order is not valid.   Conveniently, she also ASKED for specific changes to be made on the...
Hey everyone.   So here is my little problem-O.   I have a client with a cake due in the next two days. The order is fully paid off, but she has yet to sign and return the contract. (This is a client I have served in the past, many years ago before my contracts were born). I have been very adamant about obtaining it, and have told her that I will not make her cake unless that paper is signed and emailed back to me. She agreed to send it this...
DON'T DO IT!!! I tried it twice and ended up with a very soft, curdled, but delicious tasting soup. I found some recipes online, tried a couple. When trouble began, I refrigerated it for hours, played with the cream cheese butter quantities, whipped it till my mixer cried, added soo much powdered sugar, and I ended up using it as filling for cupcakes because it just was too soft. :(
Thanks guys! I appreciate the feedback and info. Housing has always come first, but it's just beyond difficult putting something like your business on hold, and potentially having to let it go, after nearly a decade of immense sacrifice and hard work. Still, I am going to do what's best for me and my kids (5 year old and 150 pound Dane) but I'm not going down without a fight.
It's been a very rough year, dealing with everything from a sick dog, to a deadbeat ex who keeps taking me back to court to eliminate child support. I just went through a horrible custody battle which left me emotionally and financially drained, and I am on the verge of losing my home in the next 30-60 days, as well as the kitchen I rent for my business. I NEED to boost my business! I've made some extra cash through word of mouth, but now it's time to call the big dogs. I...
Totally random, but I just pictured myself trying to walk in that thing........yeah........lolIt looks like gum paste wrapped around a thickly gauged wire, set to dry and then glued onto the shoe under the big pink rose.Not sure who the maker of these "shoes" are, but they have AMAZING skills.
Hello fellow cakers!After all of the good advice I have been reading here, I just felt the need to give back to the cake community! I came across this article and couldn't help but think of all the posts I read here about the "bad apples" we come across when doing business. Enjoy!! =Dhttp://www.smallbizviewpoints.com/2011/02/21/proven-techniques-to-deal-with-customer-complaints/
You guys are awesome!!!So after enlightening this person, he finally settled on a price. Kicker is he asked if I would deliver it for free. Pfffttt....yeah right, because gas in CA is pennies right now and my delivery van runs on corn oil!
Yes, he did. In fact he wouldn't shut up about it. Lol. He kept saying "I believe you quoted so-and-so this much, and I just want the same thing as so-and-so's cake". Then he actually threw in a "sorry, I don't mean to compare".
I received an email from a prospective client asking for a cake. He sent photos, and when I quoted him a price, he hit the roof. He said that is was way over budget, which I can understand.THE PROBLEM lies in the fact that this person was referred by a former client (friend of theirs). I had made a cake for this friend and long story short, I went ABOVE AND BEYOND in making their cake. I wanted to try a new technique, they gave me creative freedom, I wanted a cool photo...