Posts by Lelka

A quick question: are you expecting the gumpaste items to be consumed? If not, what would be the difference than?
As Jason, I do not quote for delivery unless customer is asking for it. Majority of my customers come in to pick the order up. Large orders and wedding cakes are always delivered and customer is always informed about the charges and I never had a problem before. My cake quotes never contain the "delivery" charges. If you call any bakery and ask how much is "xyz" cake, you dont hear "would you like us to deliver it". That is up to a customer to decide and for you to quote...
We didnt discuss the delivery because from the beginning she wanted to pick it up. My wedding quotes are always including the delivery/set up fees. I know I shouldn't budge, specially my calender in April as full as it is already, I just wanted to phrase it in my email eloquently and was asking for suggestions. Thank you all and thank you LisaPeps for answering my question
The other baker quoted her $40. I dont know how that is possible....
The total order is little over $200, and delivery is around $75
Because now she wants the delivery...
Customer was ready to place an order, all details were out of the way. She wants to pick the order up, I am all for it. 1.5 hours away, not till end of April. I quoted her or offered to pick the order up from my location. She came back to me, furious that I quoted so much, saying that another baker gave her much lower delivery quote and she will have to talk to her husband. Most likely, delivery price that what did her in... Kinda disappointed, because I already invested...
I make chocolate buttercream, lemon curds, french buttercream, coconut buttercream, peanut butter buttercream with egg yolks! I didnt want to waste a single thing
I've done "Giving tree" stomp and it was fun ! Chocolate clay worked the best for the texture!
May be because cake already comes set up, there is no set up fee. I charge for delivery/set up because I also decorate the table, but my cakes come assembled. Since its Topsy Turvy design, it could be set up and transported by the baker with no trouble for you... but thats just common sense.