Posts by AnnieCahill

You over baked and I always keep mine in airtight containers before and after frosting. Air can dry out cake and icing, especially this time of year.
Use milk.  You don't have to refrigerate for a few tablespoons.  I use LOTS of heavy cream in my buttercream, and I also use meringue buttercreams, and I don't refrigerate them.
Here, I brought my needle.   I didn't see your post as an insult whatsoever.  You just said people need to practice and obtain consistency before they sell.  People in some professions need more training than others.  There is no degree or class that's going to teach you how to ice a cake smooth.  Wait a minute...in pastry school they teach it to you but that doesn't mean you will KNOW how to do it.  I went to a friend's wedding and her cousin-in-law made her cake.  This...
Why not just make something besides red velvet?
If you haven't final iced it yet, I'd take it apart and re-do the dam and the filling.  I would say if it's not firming up in the fridge, it's not going to be good when you put the fondant on and it sits at room temperature.  But it's a lot less work now than if you get it done and it bulges through the fondant.
Clamshell should be fine.  I will sometimes put mine in plastic grocery store bags (I use boxes) to keep too much air from getting to them.
Yes, but they should be fine if you have an airtight container.
Can you taste it and tell if there's butter in it?  Most bakeries use a combination of butter and shortening, or just shortening (usually high ratio).   You have to have more sugar than fat for the recipe to crust.  Look up crusting buttercream recipes on Google.  I prefer a non-crusting recipe and find my decorations stick better to a cake when it hasn't crusted over.
If you have decent boxes there shouldn't be an issue transporting them.  It seems like a pain to bring all the stuff with you to fill and ice them.  Just go ahead and do it and pack them tightly in airtight containers so they don't get dried out.  Or you can go ahead and put them in boxes with a cupcake insert so they don't slide around.  Alternatively, you could use a dab of chocolate or candy melts to secure the cupcake to the bottom of the box if you don't have an insert.
Yes it will freeze.  Freezing occurs at 32F.  I don't think it would have enough time to thoroughly thaw out before the cutting.  If it were me I'd leave it inside.