Posts by ljdaa

i know one person may not know, but collectively I may come close, how many Wilton character or shape pansvintage, discontinued, or present, do you think they made. So much want to know an approximate count, I called wilton, but they said they don't keep that iinformation especially for discontinued items.Thanks everyone
Can someone tell me how to make the folded shell with it breaking or somehow have smeared or running chocolate. thanks
Has anyone purchased the new Wilton punchers? I have and I think they are so cool. Also, the gumpaste/fondant molds are the best and at 9.99 (without a coupon) they really do the job. If you get a chance, try the mold that has the buttons and bows, plus the pearl mold looks much better than the onesci try to make with the $40.00 mold
It's unfortunate that this seemed to have turned more into the financial status of military folks. I can tell you, I work in an organization where many, many people make over $100,000 and will still want a cake made and expect you to quote them a price dated from the 1930's. In the statement, she did not say she was not expecting to pay, it's just that she needs to know the actual cost. It is not a matter of financial status or workfield, it's a matter of what people...
Hello everyone, I just wanted some opinions of the challenges. Have the last few been a little odd or off? The extreme cakes to me was more bizarre then extreme. The dialogue and actions of the contestants was not too interactive. Also I saw the "Simpsons Movie Cake" contest and felt alot more time was spent on the griping of the bakers and not the artistry. It seems to take the fun and attention from the cakes. I felt Mary Maher's cake was great and worthy of...
I did a lingerie/bridal shower cake. It was a 3/4 sheet cake made to look like a wrapped package and placed a fondant bra and panty set on top. It was for a older bride-to-be, and was approved appropriate for her. She really liked it. Hope you do well with any idea you come up with.
Hi Barbend, could you tell me you purchased the pan, online or in a store?Thanks so much
I was wondering with the popularity of the purses and shoes posted on this site, if there was a way to have the baking industry, Wilton, Sugarcraft or someone else, to come up with 3-D mold pans for purses and shoes. With the sectioned molds such as the ball, lamb and others, it seems it could be possible. The purse could have the domed-loaf effect or a rounded-trianglular shape and the shoe would probably need a pretty broad heel for upright support. Although chocolate...
Hi everyone, I was searching the forum and don't remember seeing anything about the subject. But do anyone use flea markets or thrift stores for cake items?I have found so many cake pans, old and new. Some are vintage, and it makes looking for these items so much fun. Also, with the many postings of cakes on stands and pedestals, and I have found some stands that gives some of my cakes a great platform. I have even tried small round cakes on broad candleholders. I...
Thanks so much, just yesterday I wanted to try to make one of the puppy cakes I saw at the grocery store and, like a Godsend this article appeared.