Posts by PurplePetunia

Hi nefgaby,Sorry I didn't reply earlier, I'm not on this site too often.I'm glad everything worked out for you.I noticed you posted the recipe on this site. I just wanted to let everyone know that I got that recipe from cakefairy18.
Hi!I just made choc. mmf for a grooms cake this past weekend, I've used it before too and it's really good.Just add 1/2 cup choc. chips to your 16oz. (2 cups) of marshmallows before you melt them and when you're mixing in the icing sugar, add 1/2 - 3/4 cup cocoa powder.It all depends on how chocolatey you want it to be. I don't really like dark chocolate, so I used milk choc. chips and less cocoa powder. If you want the dark choc. taste and look, you can use semi sweet...
My girls did a cookie fundraiser for breast cancer research after my mom died.I contacted the Breast Cancer Foundation and told them what I wanted to do, and they gave me the okay and even sent us a big envelope with brochures and bookmarks and also the pink ribbon pins to give out with our cookies.When we were done, I just sent in a check for the full amount with a letter from the girls explaining how they raised the money.It was a wonderful experience for them.Good luck!
Sweet! I wish I had an uncle like you!!
I've heard before that they use some type of whitener in their fondant which poses a problem when you're trying to colour it.As for the rude manager, I'm surprised as well. Maybe she was having a bad day?
There was one posted for a recipe that uses one egg. I think it was MrsMissy that posted it. (I could be wrong).I can't put my hands on that recipe, but it was really easy and tasted great too.
Denise2434, can you use the paper towel method to smooth this icing??? Also, have you made this icing into chocolate icing? If so, how??Thanks!
There's a recipe on this site for Whipped Cream Buttercream here:http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2019-Whipped-Cream-Buttercream-Frosting.htmlI was wondering if this could made chocolate???Should I just add some cocoa powder??Has anyone done this??thanks
I guess it depends on the sugar. The sugar I buy is always fluffy and not lumpy, so I empty it out into a bowl and stir it around with my egg whisk. That works just fine for me.However, I just bought some sugar the other day, and for some reason, this batch was lumpy and would require sifting.
Do the choc. chips actually melt into the cake or do they hold their shape so that when you eat the cake, you can actually feel the chips in your mouth??Thanks.