Posts by OCakes

Hey Shakivia - I just saw your reply to mine... years go by and I'm not on CC very much anymore..... but I read your reply - WOW!!  I have found a lot of parents with common names are going for non-traditional names these days.  I think Adolf, and especially "Violence" (really?), are taking it WAY too far.  The law of common sense should rule, but unfortunately doesn't.  Anyway, thank you for sharing with me, and I'm curious what you will name your kids!  ha ha!!  Sally or...
The article is not there.
Hey, I just found my train picture online when I was trying to find it - I have lost the original, THANK YOU!!  I'm so glad you liked the cake for inspiration & am curious what you did for yours?  I wish you would have contacted me directly, this cake was also my first time making Thomas in 3D, I did use the Wilton pan and carved the other 2 out of sheet cake... I don't use the star tip anymore, and I can't believe this was 7 years ago??  But I'm so curious how yours...
I would delete your reply and just let it be. If I read that, I would probably be compelled to add a complimentive comment of my own. Since it's your business page, you need to keep professional. I have the same thing & have had to remove some comments (someone actually posted a joke about some memorial cupcakes I did & I removed it due to the fact that I'm positive it wold have offended the customer who ordered them... quite shocking!) It's hard not to get ruffled...
That really had me laughing, thank you! Ha ha!! I cringe at some of my first cakes too, and then I see others & wonder how I did that without the proper support - etc!! I really loved how you started that off. =)
Hi Chrissy,I just did a very small 2 tier BC cake with black demask design on white BC. It didn't turn-out very well to my standards (I was replicating an exact design which was a bit too big/detailed for the size of cake), however I was thinking if I had been able to work with another design it may have been okay.So, if you place the ivory final coat on & let it set very well in the refrigerator; and then paint the brown & other color designs on with a small brush, it...
Shakivia - I like your name, and I like your nickname "Kivia". Sounds very cute & I'm sorry you hate it! My daughter is Jackilyn & I know she's bound to have to spell it for people (but there are so many ways to spell it, she would anyway)... there are many Tiffany's, but that's the first time I've heard Shakivia - I hope you learn to love it one day. My other daughter Lilli (short for Lillian), always has to correct people who spell it "Lily" or other wrong ways. ...
You're welcome! I hope it turns out for you & I'd love to see a picture when it does!
That is SO CUTE!! I was just thinking of making a cake like this for an up-coming baby shower & now I have a great example! I love how you added all the flowers too.
My records indicate that 2 10" rounds = 35 slices on it's own. So, I think if you did 1 of each, you'd be fine........ however, I think you should stack the pans to make sure the volcano will be tall enough. Maybe you will want 2 10's, then an 8 & a 6....... or maybe 2 10's & 2 8's will be enough, (which would equal 59 slices before carving at it)... I'm sure they will be fine with left overs! (or do one 10, two 8's & two 6's?) - just play with the pans to get a visual....