Posts by BFC

Hi, I used gold pearl dust and a little vodka to paint the edges of the cake.
I was very happy with the results! Two things I learned, think outside of the box when cutting the fondant waves, some of mine looked like amoebas, but they looked great on the cake. Also, roll your fondant out very, very thin...it's a pain to work with, but it works better because the thinner the lighter, and they'll stay up better. I used torn pieces of paper towels and toothpicks to hold them up and dry. Then I filled in the kettle holes with icing and a wet brush to...
Thanks you guys for all the suggestions! 
I've seen that tutorial, but the ruffles on this cake are large and spread out...
I'm doing a soft wavy ruffled wedding cake using fondant...but the ruffles keep drooping. Is there something to add to the fondant to keep the waves upright?
I'm making a cake for a girl baby shower that involves frogs. The colors are very neutral, browns and beiges, with frogs. I want the frogs to be very cute ang "girly"...any ideas??
Thanks for the suggestion...I'm off to the craft store!
I was watching one of those cake shows on TV and they put either gumpaste or fondant into this press and it came out like spaghetti! I'm doing a graduation cake and it would be perfect for the tassel. Is there a tool like that available?BFC
Thanks so much for all the suggestions! I'll check out the website and see what happens. I'll keep you posted.
I have been asked to do a french vanilla wedding cake with a "hint oflavender". I'm not sure what that means! Is there a lavender extract?I was planning to do a fruit filling, maybe a mousse. The cake is 3 stack squares with plain white buttercream, peonies and ribbon.