Posts by 282513

I think that I am just going to add another tier to the cake and let it rest up against the 6in tier. I found the cutest cake picture of brutus, the Ohio State mascot, it is 2 tiers with his head/face being the cake topper. It is a large 8in oval. It is for my son's friend. I am too busy to make another one So I guess it will be just as easy to add another tier. Thank you for the quick response. I have never used gumpaste, only fondant. Maybe I will give it a try.
I am making a cake and have a large circle of fondant that I need to stick standing up on the top of the cake. It has been sitting out since Monday and it is still not hard Do you have any tips to get it to harden before Saturday?
If you image google valentine window display there are tons. What about a cute book or movie that you could have hanging up and then let the rest theme around that?
Thank you so much! You made my day 100x easier!
Hi, I need to do a cake today and want to try a fbct. I did a search but it brings up anything with that in the title. Can anyone please tell me the trick to doing these? They look great I just don't know how to do one.THanks
I think most people on here use clear gelatin. It is super easy and gives the best effect.
My question is this, I had the wilton mat to roll on and of course I wasn't thinking but I cut my fondant on it after I rolled it out. I put cut marks on the mat. Can you cut on the vinyl mat? I do this at home and don't have a lot of surface to work with. Hope this makes sense, my allergies are killing me and I can't put my thoughts together!!lol
I love the bag of ice or a bag of peas. I have to laugh at this b/c my husband just had his procedure a couple of weeks ago.
I am not worried about the perishable factor. The baker is generously offering to display my chocolates, take orders, answer questions etc. I do not feel right by not compensating her. I am just trying to figure out what would be the right thing to do to compensate her for her time.
hello... anyone? You must all bstill be reading the addictive stop payment day of wedding thread!