Posts by lilread

i am not experienced at all with fondant and mmf. i did do one fondant cake in my cake decorating class and haven't used it since i thought i was terrible and hated it on my sisters wedding cake 5 yrs ago. since then i have made many cakes for all occasions but all with buttercream. i have even made my sons first birthday cake with a small aquarium in it. fake fish floating around. my sister is insisting i make her cake and use mu creativity but she wants that smooth...
hey tiga i am new and then not so new i have done different cakes but to get a smoothe surface i put a little powdered sugar on my finger and slightly pat down bumps and stuff. if the area is big i put the powdered sugar on wax paper and ten smooth it gently this works great for me. but i do use the #16 tip as well if don't have alot of time to make something as smooth as i would like good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
um i am new in cake making i have made lots of cakes and alot have come out cute and i am proud of myself. but i don't know anything about gumpaste and all the other stuff yall abbreviate. i have only used homemade buttercream frosting and store bought fondu. i want to find out an easier way to make my charactors on my cakes. i also need a recipe for great tasting fondue. What is gum paste i have seen so many beautiful cakes on this web-site and everyone is using gum...