Posts by nickshalfpint

I didn't change anything and it came out fine. Hth (:
I agree with Texas_Rose.....I just googled Monster High and found the right size pic for the size cake I was doing. Cutting it out is the fun part......lol
Go to globalsugarart.com . That's where I bought my funky cutters (=
Very cool! Thanks for sharing (=
My KA is OLD! And it still works great. I used it a LOT too. My friend has a newer KA and it has already broke down. She bought another one after hers broke and it's already starting to make a funny noise. I don't know what KA did, but their stuff isn't as great as it used to be. I'm glad I bought mine years and years ago (=
I have both mixers and while I love my KA, I REALLY love my Cuisinart. I can double and sometimes triple my recipes in it no problem. It's very powerful. I still use my KA for smaller projects, but if I had to pick one it would be my Cuisinart.
I never had that problem with Americolor. And I just did a test and made lines with all the different colors I did and the black was the only one that was messed up. So the only conclusion I came up with is the brand of coloring, maybe because I had to use more than usual.........I will never run out of Americolor again....LOL
I made royal icing this weekend and I was having trouble with the black icing I made. When it dried I touched it and it turned powdery. The only thing I did differently was use Wlton black coloring. I ran out of Americolor and had to use it )= the other colors I made came out fine............I wonder if that had anything to do with it?
If I use a recipe that someone posted out of a book and I like it, I go out and buy the book because 99% of the time there will be more great recipes. I think most people do the same thing. And I guarantee most recipes posted on here and other websites are from books and are not their original recipes. I actually ordered Cupcakes and Muffins by Ann Nicol because of her posted recipe. I would have never heard of the book if it wasn't for the posted recipe. So I guess I see...
1 cup of shortening is 7 ounces. Just weighed it (= I was wondering the same thing and I ran across this post......Just thought I'd share (=