Posts by rainbowz

No, we pretty much just zipped through there anyway. Thanks for looking though, I appreciate it greatly!
Perhaps the guy wasn't aware it was a "cash up front" transaction and for whatever reason expected to get billed afterwards. I'd assume it was an innocent error.Obviously, he needs to be billed anyway. Something like this perhaps: Dear Tom,Hope the cake was a great hit. I had fun making it. I'll be at my desk all day Monday, and will have your invoice and a receipt for $55 ready for you. Cash or cheque is fine, either way.Can't wait to hear how it went over with the...
Part of "crumb coating" is also putting it in the refrigerator/freezer for a short while in order to make it a little more solid. By cooling it, it becomes stiffer so that when you apply your BC on top, it acts as a more solid undercoat than if it's still just room temp and softer.Giving it around 10 minutes in the fridge before applying your top icing would do to set it nicely. You can use that time to tidy up and get ready for the icing stage or just have a little break...
And they're breaking the law. Disney is famed for being RABID about people using their copyright designs and should they find you, you WILL be paying out the wazoo for it. Bye bye cake biz, bye bye house... Hardly worthwhile for a couple of bucks in sales. Make another gorgeous cake without a copyrighted character or design, and post that and avoid the EXPENSIVE fallout.Besides, it's illegal, no matter how much people wish it wasn't.This copyright thing has been discussed...
I've used it and it's AWSOME.
If there's a Bulk Barn or Michaels' near you you can probably find Wilton's Gum-Tex to add to your own fondant, or a can of "just add water" Wilton's Gum Paste Mix.I've searched online for HOURS AND HOURS for suppliers of gum tragacanth or tylose in Canada but was unable to locate anyone who sold it in fair size amounts (I kept getting retailers for the Wilton stuff). The closest I got was finding a drum-sized supplier in China or Turkey and I'm simply not gonna use 200...
Oooo! Excellent idea! They're called "Chargers" - I have no idea where that name comes from. You can often find them for mucho money in fancy stores and then run into something pretty decent looking for ridiculously cheap at bargain places. If you get them cheap, you could also hot glue them to some sort of foot/riser.
That's an absolutely excellent idea on the hard plexiglass, but I'd expect the glue wouldn't stretch and bend all that well on a softer, pliable plastic sheet. However, it would certainly be worth a try (hot glue is pretty cheap and easy to get your hands on, after all) and making sure the kind of hot glue you used was a little flexible - there are different varieties, perhaps one is a little more bendy than another.Still a great idea anyway.I remember seeing a link on...
Which brand is better? Any opinions? Are they pretty much the same thing?Would it make much difference anyway?And how do you melt them? Nuke or stovetop?
A. It's got more contrast, not quite so overly pink. Good juxtaposition of solid surface and detail work.