Posts by steph95

It's nothing like having something like this happen to you to make you question your insanity and your baking ability!! I know I've had stuff like this happen out of the blue and it's frustrating! I have been brushing the Wilton Cake Release into my pans for several years. I use a silicone brush so there is easy cleanup. When I take the cakes out of the oven, I try not to let them set for any longer than 10 mins before removing them from the pans. I've read on here a...
Are you working with BC or fondant? Cows are like snow flakes~ no 2 are alike!! If working with BC you could randomly do splatter-like spots in white and black (or brown) and then smooth with the viva method. I'm not experienced with fondant so I can't help you with that. good luck!!
I had a disaster this weekend, also. We've all been there and I feel your pain! ((((hugs)))) and please don't let this discourage you.
I haven't done very many wedding cakes. I didn't charge her alot because of that. I am not a big city decorator. The cakes I have done have been for back yard weddings and receptions at fire halls. As for my children, they were in the car with the A/C on watching a movie. They were never out of the car and I was able to see them from where I was working. Ok, I should have maybe done the scrollwork before leaving, but I am always so worried of something happening to the...
How much would be an acceptable refund? I am in tears over this.
What is SPS? I did a search on here and nothing came up.
The sheet cake was completed. I assembled, did the scrollwork and the "ribbon" on site. I was afraid when assembling I would mess it up and knew it wouldn't take a long time. I doweled the cake at home with the plastic adjustable dowels. the top tier was slightly crooked, and the ceremony was about to start, so I didn't have time to adjust it.
I'm sorry I couldn't attach a photo of the cake with the post. It is under my pics titled "scrollwork wedding cake". It was 165 servings and I only charged her $250.(I hope this works.)http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1714801
I'm sorry for the long post. I did a wedding cake Friday night. I was not 100% happy with it, but it was ok considering I haven't done many. The tiers were 6", 8", 10" and 12" plus a 2-layer 11X15 cake. The 8" was a dummy, the first I've done. Each tier was 3 2-inch layers. I received this email from the mother this morning. I am about in tears because all I want is for people to be happy and I never thought the cake would crack. Do you think my response is...
Here is an idea to help you in a pinch: I ran out of sour cream that I use in the cake mix extender recipe I use from this site. I didn't have yogurt either and was in a panic. What do I do?? I was doing 2 box mixes with 1 extender recipe, so I pulled some cream cheese out of my fridge and let it soften a little. I put about 4oz in a bowl and beat it with some milk to give it the consistency of sour cream. I put in what I thought was the comparable amount and baked...