Posts by justdi

OMG... you are all SOOOO wonderful helping out w/ all the questions on this! I truly haven't had a chance to get on here in quite some time to see if anyone was having any trouble and needing help - should have known the Cindy's would have my back! YOU ROCK!!!It's so great to see all the idea's everyone is coming up with for the gelatin!!! WooooHoooo!!! I love message boards and all the inspiration they provide! We're currently working on the 2nd & 3rd book... and...
Silly Cindy! You know how long it took us to get the book out... and you think I have time to figure out how to do something techno like THAT?!?!Sorry, no e-book plans in the works...
Along the lines of Glenda's response... just dip them in white chocolate and insert that right into the cake (no need for the straws then as the choc stays on the wires just fine.)Di
Had the same first thought about it not being food safe...Thought I'd share what we've ran into w/ the gelatin on silicone during all of our "R&D" for the sheets... fwiw... Using the silicone molds was one of my first thoughts when first playing w/ the gelatin, buuuut... I tried Sunflower SA molds, old Sugar Bouquet molds, silicone plastique molds, etc etc. I found it may work somewhat okay one time and then release waaaaay too early the next time - on the SAME mold. ...
Yes... 3 boards for each tier - then I use 1/2" plywood circles as a baseboard.Di
Oh but Cindy dear... remember that you requested a double autograph, so you gotta be just a teensy bit patient!!! Di
I guess I'm odd man out on this one....I always use 3 foil covered cardboards (wrapped together to make 1 really thick base) making sure it's completely covered and sealed on the bottom w/ packing tape. Since opening the store, I've seen pictures of and heard of soooo many ppl having cracked sides on cakes or cakes falling over from the support giving out... plus, I've smelled wet cardboard and don't ever want to worry about that smell/taste getting into the cake. Even...
Awwww.... thank you soooo much for the kind words!!! So glad you like it! So, yes, our "baby" is here!!! I actually have my new site (still same name) that will be up & running on Tuesday so I wasn't gonna say anything till then (as much as I've wanted to scream w/ excitement... ) I will have a sample page or two of the book on the site as well... bear with me just another day. Di
I think "The Cindy's" have taken care of everyone's questions from what I can see (thanks ladies!!!) Just wanted to let ya know that we pulled a few strings (aka paid a little rush order fee... ), and had DH in helping w/ packaging this eve so I am quite happy to say that....THE SETS ARE AGAIN IN STOCK!!! I actually JUST got done updating my site so there's (fingers crossed as I type this...) a shopping cart on there for the gelatin stuff now. The only glitch I ran...
You guys are funny! Guess I should've posted this here sooner to help w/ slow season... (seriously, I'm excited to show ppl all this new stuff we've come up with, but don't want to seem like I'm just doing it to push sales so that's why I hadn't posted anything b4.)To color the gelatin (sorry, that was a main point I missed! OOPS!) - just use airbrush colors, or gel paste colors (like Americolor). You can add this to the water before mixing, or after dissolved. If you...