Posts by gmcakes

I considered replacing the print head. But that option simply didn't seem cost effective. I haven't used my printer in well over a year, maybe 2 yrs or more. The ink cartridges have been out of the printer, the more I tried to clean it, even removed the print head and cleaned it seperately, the worse it was printing. Also concerned about wasting ink, as the ip1500 I currently have uses the 2 cartridge system and if one color runs out but other 2 are still usable, you still...
Thinking of just starting over with a new printer, anyone have a Canon MG5220? Considering this model 
Hi Everyone! I have been out of the CakeCentral loop for quite some time now. After staying home for 11 years and doing cakes at home, I took a full time job for the last 4 years decorating at a local chain store. I am proud to say that I recently left the store position to come back home to decorating.   I have almost as many cake toys here at home as I did working for the store.  I have a Canon ip1500 dedicated to edible image printing. I used to use it all the...
That's the shortening I use all the time when making icing. I have never had any problems with it.
Okay, just now logging back in, sorry! When you go to paint, and click to use text...use your cursor to drag the textbox to the size you need it. (My paint toolbar is on the side of the screen, yours may be somewhere else, but) After you click to add the text there should be 2 new icons that will show up in your toolbar. One has a graphic with a little white box the other shows a graphic with a dotted line box on it. If you click on the dotted line box graphic, it...
I add my name to photos using the "Paint" program on my computer. When in your photo gallery on your computer just click on the picture for it to come up full size. there should be an icon somewhere on your page (at least I know there is in windows XP and in Vista - I have both). Click on the paint button, and when your picture comes up, click to add text, type in whatever you want and save changes.I do this to all of the photos I post online now because of an incedent...
I have printed up to 2 months in advance with no problems. As long as the sheets are stored properly (cool, dry place in an airtight bag), edible image sheets are good for up to a year!If it were me I would go ahead and print them, just to make sure that you have enough ink on hand so as not to run out!HTH
Hmmm...that's an interesting question, I would love to see how everone else would respond!First you need a few decorating bags. I like the bigger bags, so that there is less mess (I use a 16" for bordering, and 10"-12" for smaller detail work).Couplers are nice to have, makes it so easy to changes tips on the bags. When I started out I bought a sampler pack of colors, and replaced them with larger bottles as I ran out and saw what colors I actually like to use.I would...
Here is a cake I did recently, sorry the pic's not posted here on CC. (I have dial up because I live in a rural area, and have problems uploading here!)It is a sheet cake, but the design could be adapted if that is not what you are looking for. The colors went very well with the table setting, and the Mom just loved it! Tink is a FBCT, and the background is airbrushed.On a side note: I have another Tinkerbell cake coming up in June, and happened to be going thru the...
I was fortunate enough to meet the owner of the shop at the Austin Cake Show in 2007. She is indeed at very sweet lady. Unfortunately I live too far away to shop there in person. (However, I would like to go to the beach over the summer, perhaps I can make CakeCraft a side trip!)I do shop frequently at the online shop, mainly buying meringue powder and colorings. their shipping is quite reasonable!