Posts by CranberryClo

There aren't a lot of cake stores in Tampa. The biggest (and only that I know of) is Cakes Plus. Just google Cakes Plus and Tampa and it'll come up. It recently moved - I don't know how the new store is. The other one was crowded, but lots of stuff. Their prices were MUCH higher than I could order for online (even with shipping added on.) If you have access to a car, Jesters in Orlando is a playground of stuff. It's about an hour from Tampa if traffic is good. ...
Thank you both for your help! The cutter looks great - but huge! I'll keep it in mind if I can't find something else!Tracy - I have to make 80 and that's more than I can handle hand cutting! I have had some success with hand cutting in the past, but that was for 10 or less!!!The tip on the breakage is so appreciated! I never would have thought of that until too late! Thank yoU!
Hi - Can anyone refer me to a place with an electric guitar cookie cutter that doesn't cost more than $5? I have found the one at fancyflour, but it's huge (6") and $15+.Thanks so much - if anyone could find one it'd be all of you here!Christy
I use Satin Ice now - it's just easier than making MMF - but if I've got a lot of free time - MMF it is.I do not like ChocoPan at all. I was using it the other day and couldn't get over how soft it is with very little kneading. I was only using it for cookies, so can't imagine how I would have gotten it on a cake.
Just a thought. I'm not in this professionally and I don't ever aspire to be, but if someone asks me to make something for them I usually will in return for a donation to a food pantry, etc. If you're really uncomfortable asking your family, maybe think of something like that.Good luck!
Hi Marge -I remember feeling more confident if I had directions, too.The pirates are easy. Bake your cupcakes and ice with a flat layer of icing. The cupcakes shouldn't be too domed or high - but a little curve is ok!Color fondant - I used black, red, white and three different skin tones.Roll out skin toned fondant and cut with a circle cutter to fit the top of the cupcake. Roll out red and black for bandanas. Using same circle as for your skin, cut out circles. If...
Have you checked through the galleries? There are lots of examples - here are three (all very similar). Not hard to do, but very, very time consuming. I would bet I spent about 15-20 minutes on each, even though it was assembly line...
I can tell you that I have had no luck with those markers. I've tried several different packs, several different storage ways and nothing works.I'm on the lookout for a great marker because Wilton's aren't!
Ha!I had to laugh this week - someone who works with my husband (a very nice lady, so I am not knocking her) contacted me re: a cake for a work function. She told me what she wanted, how many servings and the price she would pay.As it turns out, I was already committed to other events when she wanted the cake, but I felt so great to have this happen - all of you who are pros deal with this all the time and finally, finally!!!, it's happened to me!Now, if someone would...
The recipe for Oatmeal Pancakes II on allrecipes is fantastic. I make a quadruple batch and freeze them, then pop them in the toaster on busy mornings. My kids LOVE them and I love that they're getting some whole grain along with all those syrup carbs! The recipe calls for quick cooking oats, but we use old-fashioned and grind them up before mixing. We also add pecans.Delish!!!