Posts by cakefairy18

i have never seen that!! omg!! i hope someone can help!
we should all post our 7/7/7 cakes in one big thread...lol
i think it's perfect...well saidand yes, i remind my clients too...just a friendly e-mail like that is usually good...
tell her that if she wants a consultation, you'd be happy to help, but u charge $1000 per 15 minute session and any tips given withing those 15 minute sessions are $500 a peice...LOL...tell her you're busy running your own business and maybe she should look into a consultant top help her out...also...if she asks personal questions about your suppliers and stuff, i would sort of joke about it and let it go like, "oh, i could tell u, but then i'd have to kill u"...
no...if she was going to be sooo picky about the prada theme, you think she would at least mention it...i think she's trying to milk u...i wouldn't give her a refund...there's nothing wrong with the cake...the way i see it, if it was really the "theme" and she wanted it so bad, it would have been mentioned, and confirmed and mentioned again...i hate ppl who try to take advantage
it's so easy, forget about her...i don't chase my customers...who ever leaves me a deposit first gets cake. period. if u pay me, oyu will get cake, if u don't forget it...i don't call, i don't e-mail. i send friendly reminders to let them know the details and the dates that money is due...that's it...other than that, i dont chase people around....and i would never lose an order waiting for someone to pay me...
anything from 16-18 will work fine
people are supposed to get estimated before they purchase...once its eaten its too late to get an estimate...what i do is - if the payment is not in my hands on or before the date that the cake is requested, they don't get cake...i don't care if i have to throw it out, or take it to work for ppl to eat, or whatever...they are NOT getting cake if I don't get payment...and "tomorrow" is a no-no too...it's on or before, that's MY policy...
when i use MMF i use shortening to roll it out...when i use pre-made fondant, i use corn starch to roll it out...if it's a large cake, i do the flip method...if it's small and the fondant is manageable, i just pick up the fondant and place on top...
this is why client's shouldnt see anything behind the scenes...do they think we make cakes over night and deliver in the morning!?? of course it will taste fresh!! it's not a week early!!and as for the design...i think if she would have seen it in person first, she wouldn't have any of the problems she has...sometimes the picture just doesn't do justice to the cake