Posts by Chiara

I tried the pistachio caramel cardamon recipe today and I have to ask if anyone else has.I found it a little thick so I added a bit more liquid. Now I find myself with a cake that is burning on edges and too moist in the middle. It came out fine in the toothpick test on several occasions.The batter and the cooked cakes are fantastic but at $10.00 for a sml can of pistachios and LoRann oils by mail order only I can't make this for my cake club demo if it is not a recipe...
Now don't laugh, however you can use spackling compound on the styrofoam and then once it is hard you can sand it perfectly. That way you are not mixing royal icing for nothing and not wasting ingredients. Then you can place the fondant on it without problem.I know a lot of cake decorators who do lots of shows & competitions and since no one is eating the cake and they are being judged on perfection and design they use spackling compound.Good luck.
Ok here goes,compounds are flavours that contain sugar. so they would add them to fruit puree or even vanilla which thickens the productextracts are double the volume of lets say vanilla bean in the volume of alcohol and they render the extract from thatoils are strongest of all because they do not bake out. so if you are making lets say a pizzelle (Italian waffle cookie) and it calls for Anise if you use the extract you will not have any flavour because it cannot...
https://www.chesapeakebayshorethings.com/default.aspHopefully I have posted the web site correctly. The Chesapeake Bay Shore Things site sells various mixes.For Sweet they offer:Dutch chocolate cheese cakeLemon cheese cakePumpkin cheese cakepeach cheese cakestrawberry cheese cakeThey are $3.50 per pkg. & they are 1.5 oz each.I hope this adds to people's choices.
Malishka,It is mentioned earlier in this thread. Oh here I found it. These are all from Macsmom so you can thank her.ClaireTiramisu VariationWASC recipeUse coffee mates Italian sweet cream liquid creamer for half the water2 Tbsp. Vanilla extract2 Tbsp. Butter extractEspresso Syrup2/3 cup water1 cup powdered sugar5  Tbsp instant espresso powderIn a small pan bring water, sugar & coffee to a boil. Let coo. Poke holes in the cake;Brush with surypMarscapone Filling1 cup...
This post gets better & better with advice that will be used for years let alone the recipes posted along the way.Macsmom, I wish you a very Happy Birthday. I would fly out there to make you a cake but unfortunately time and money are never a plenty!I received my Amoretti order. I asked for 30 samples to give out to my cake club and that is what I got along with about 150 flyers and additional booklets. I was really blown away. The booklets were the product catalogues...
It is a refrigerated product so shipping to individuals is not cost prohibited.But what you can do is find out who your local food distributor is. Try Sysco, Sigma etc....they usually have warehouses in various areas and they might have a cash & carry. I know it varies from state to state and I am sure province to province.Also, if you have a Costco (you do in Alberta) & or please don't strike me down for saying this...a Sams Club you can buy it from them in tub...
I know that the fees depend upon the area as well. Cakes went for a lot more when I lived on the east coast then when I lived in the mid west.With ref to spelling shops can be spelled in many ways depending upon which grammar rules you are using american or brittish. I find "shoppes" to be the nicer of all of them.Good luck
I guess we shall see an Ambrosia recipe coming up soon?I have done nothing but read this thread for days. You ladies are fabulous!Claire
sayhelloJana,I think you mentioned knowing duff's favourite cake flavour?Could you please let us know what that was? If would be interesting to see what type of flavours he prefers.I think you stated you were going to tackle it this wkd? Let us know how it turns out.thanksClaire