Posts by Chiara

First off, morally they may be wrong however, the fact would be that it would take a lot of money for one to have to defend oneself regardless of the mis-information.You would be able to use the product for prof. sale since they did not in fact have a licensing agreement in the instructions nor do they have a fee assigned to the product yet. How can one sell something without knowing what the fee would in fact be? Poor business model on that machine if it is sold without...
Hello,Just go to the recipe section and check out frostings and butter creams. A lot of people use those terms interchangeably. Choose a flavour that you like and then make it. Most recipes make enough for a two layer cake.You can also google "The Whimsical Bakehouse" butter cream recipe and that is a nice one if you have a mixer or a hand one at least. It makes 9 cups if memory serves me.As far as shapes and decorations that would depend on your taste, theme and...
Don't take it personally. She evidently could not afford it and tried to make you feel like it was nothing. People do not realize how hard it is to decorate cake. A lot of thought and planning go into those works of art and people think that pricing is high when you go into Walmart/Sam'sClub and spend peanuts on a cake that is made and frozen in China then shipped in for the final touches.Don't be upset. Just consider the source. Let is go.
I substitute all my liquid with those flavoured creamers. I have never had a problem. I also use pop in kid's flavours if I need orange crush, root beer etc...that with a boost of the flavour from the LoRann flavour company and voila, a flavoured cake that everyone loves.Good luck Claire
Hey ladies,regardless of who puts it out going through Michael's places it in a lot more communities and makes it more available to people who might otherwise have to have it shipped in.With a coupon, if you buy the paper you can get it cheaper. However, Michaels sometimes limits what you can get with that coupon. You can no longer buy books, certain machines etc...so you never know what they will exclude in the future.A lot of stuff has 400% mark up (not just Michaels)...
Look for sayhellojana and see if she has any of her recipes in that section. She makes everything from scratch and has posted on other threads.She converts a lot of the box cake scratch combos.Check out the thread Help Gourmet flavors. You will find a lot of her entries there along with Macsmom who posted all her flavors there but of mixed cakes.good luck
You can substitute any soy milk for dairy. I even put vinegar to sour it for when there is a call for buttermilk.Earth balance makes a great soy replacement for butter, margarine and shortening.You never have to use dairy.Just make sure you now read all packaging since your intolerance is probably to the cassein which is the protein in milk. It is used a lot without placing the work dairy on the packaging.Good luck but it is really easy to substitute.
Only a Canadian could have thought of that one. Nice idea. I will have to give it a try.thanks for making our fabulous bar into a cake!
I have made thousands of these. I must tell you that I bake cake and do not use scraps. I never have scraps so that is why I do a fresh one.I freeze them once they are formed. I only take out about 5 to dip at a time. If they thaw then you will end up with cake in the chocolate and that will ruin it.I put a toothpick into them, dip them and then place the opposite end into an egg carton that is empty. I let them dry without the flat spot.Once they are dry you can pull...
I still have the watched topic on and yet I have missed about 20 pages? Oh bother!