Posts by Chiara

You can have the client freeze the cake.It will be fine.It is in her possession and you did what you were paid for so the cancellation is her problem.Educating her on how to deal with it is just good customer service. As stated above, thaw day of event.take care
Fantastic cake. It will be a hit.I might also suggest gum paste since it dries so much faster then fondant.Please let us see the outcome when you are done.This is really nice. Your niece is a lucky girl.
I can get that cake box in KY but I know that Kiddie cakes is correct in saying certain cakes sell in one area and not the other.For instance, red velvet is a southern cake and a lot of northern bakers have not heard of it and it is not sold on the shelves of theirs stores etc.There are a lot of flavours out there and it is all by region.
I don't know the recipes you are referencing however, if they contain butter it is too soft.Make sure your dough is cold and then stick them back in the fridge or freezer to get them cold after you have cut them.If they are drop cookies that contain butter I do the same.It might just be the recipe you are using. Google a fake recipe myth online called Newman Marcus cookies. That will give you a really hearty choclate chip cookie that does not spread at all.Good luck on...
Is she is unhappy with the cake then by all means have her send you photos. The photo you posted here looks fine. It is level and that is how it left.If she did not place it in a flat location in her car and possibly left it in the heat then maybe she started having problems.Just tell her that you would be willing to work with her but that she would have to provide you with photos of the cake that is damaged.Also, if she eats the cake and or has nothing to show for the...
I will not be purchasing one because of the issue involving Linda McClure. She taught several people how to use that machine and one is posting here as well.As a hobby cake decorator I know the market is tight and through this great web site we share ideas to grow the world of cake. However, when a person or company uses something that was not their intellectual property to begin with and does not compensate that person well I am not going to support that sort of...
OMG! thank you for posting Rosey's page. What an incredible talent.Too bad she is in Asia because man she could make a fortune teaching over here!!Thank you for such a wonderful link and inspiration.
I am thinking by stodgy in the middle you are meaning domed? You can cut the cake down if is high.The recipe you are using is fine. You can look up recipes and frostings here along with fillings.Another option for height is insulating the cake pan with insulation strips if you can find them where you live.You can also spin the cake pans a little so that the batter goes towards the outer part of the tin then bake it. Make sure the cake is cooled down completely before...
I have used the DH recipe all the time. I make my cake balls with it. It is moist. It is also easy to make.It is popular because of the colour but I am not sure the taste is anything to speak of.I buy it on sale when it is $1.00 since I usually give all my cakes away and try to reduce my costs.Good luck.
Your cakes are lovely and unfortunately she has no taste evidently. Do not take it personally.Just hope that you are not invited to the wedding and have to buy her a gift.This person has very little tact in her response to your offer. She should have been flattered and it is truly her lossYour cakes are fabulous and you should only make them for people who seek out and appreciate your talent.