Posts by Chiara

OMG!I have always been intimidated by the process of getting isomalt made properly and clear.Well, the king of isomalt Dominic Palazzolo is the best.I took a class last night from Dominic and he was making bottles, shoes, huge diamonds, jewels etc...He showed us how to properly make isomalt, store the made product, reheat and reuse it forever!This was the best class I have taken in a long time. He showed up with ovens, induction cook top, and was totally prepared to teach...
If I were you I would just send a msg. to Dominic Palazzolo. He is the master of isomalt.I just finished a class with him on the subject and wow did he make it clear. He might be able to either answer your question or direct you to the proper location for the help you need.This is not an intimidating product anymore thanks to him. You can find his forum dedicated to molds under "make your own mold".Good luck.
OOoppps one more thing, for the ladies in Canada go to Bulk Barn. They have a lot of cake decorating supplies in bulk including Belgian chocolate wafers.Also, they sell a fondant that tastes better then Wilton and the price is not that bad.Good luck.
Duff will make his money regardless of what people here do. Don't be surprised if Cake Boss does not come out with their own stuff eventually.As for buying it, I can guarantee that it will be done by fans and not real cake decorators since economically it would not make sense.As for Michaels well their Wilton isle was really drab in my location. I have not purchased anything in there for a while. The candy melts were reduced in weight and the price remained the same so...
You should be fine.The only thing is that you did not list the ingredients of the mousse. Make sure that the products are kept in a cool location and they should all be fine.Sorry about the stand, I have no suggestions for that.Bake well.
agar, agar is a vegan form of natural gelatin (made of red algae) and can be substituted anywhere you would use gelatin (bone marrow).It works fine.It is used in a lot of products that you might not be aware of.You can get it at any Whole Foods (formerly Wild Oats) stores and your local health food store. You will not find it in the organic section of your grocery store unfortunately. My local Kroger is very limited when it comes to that. Good luck.
IndyDebi,I love the photo. I have not been on here for a while but you did not have a photo.Well my dear, for one, you should do Spiderman playing soccer!Secondly, you are less than 2 hrs. from Cincinnati. My dear woman I would hope to see one of your creations in the Queen City Cake Show next year.Please tell me that you will think about it. We are not that far. I am in your neck of the woods all winter with my kids playing hockey. Day trips all the time. If I can...
Scratch cakes are different because boxed cakes are highly processed so the texture will always be different. To be honest, the two should not be compared because they are not the same.But, as stated earlier, scratch cakes can be more difficult however, one thing that will help with making it lighter is getting the proper amounts of flour. You should in fact sift the flour and gently remeasure it after it has been sifted. By doing this you are actually getting a true...
It should be enough to feed. I would make more then 24 cup cakes only as a cautionary measure.People like to eat pretty things and may take one of each as opposed to one only.If you are in charge of cutting the cake then you should do fine. Each piece should be 2X2 at the max.Cut smaller if you have to accommodate for people who want seconds.Have fun.
Yes, you can freeze cakes. They freeze really well right out of the oven. That way the steam remains in the cake for moisture.Wrap them in saran wrap very well.If you are going to freeze them for a month or so then make sure you wrap them well.I keep cake balls in the freezer all the time. That way when I need something for donation I have it ready.Freezing cakes is a great idea and good for a back up as you needed.Yes, the cakes are very moist and do not taste like...