Posts by Chiara

When you use butter in a recipe it will warm up and that is where some of your spreading will occur.If you place your dough back in the fridge so that the butter is cold you should have less of a problem.I even put my cookies on the cookie sheet in the fridge to get the butter to harden.This way, when in the oven it will melt but won't spread as much since it was cold to begin with. Butter spreads a great deal when warm.I hope this helps.
I myself do not care for inanimate objects for cakes...I never liked shoes, purses, diaper bags etc... but you make what people ask for. Thankfully, I am lucky. I keep control over what I want to make but not everyone can do that.If you want to see good work that is new, look at Kandy Cakes here on the site. She joined the cake community here at the beg. of January.kandycakes is extremely talented but you have to look at her inspirations. She is doing young fresh...
Unfortunately, people only value their labour costs. They always think that others charge too high a price for their work but they would do the same if the shoe was on the other foot.It is always easy to do that. That is the sad "ME" issue that people are having.Don't worry about it and sadly this will not be the only time this will happen.
cake flour has cornstarch added to it.You can substitute regular flour with cornstarch added to it to make it cake flour so one cup -2 tbsp equals one cup of cake flourcake flour is ultra sifted as well
Most organic and or health food stores carry flavourings that have no alcohol in them.There is a whole line.
Meringue powder contains the following and in this order: cornstarchegg whitessugargum arabiccalcium sulfatecitric acidcream of tartarsilicon dioxideartificial flavourSo depending upon what you are using it for, not hard flowers etc. you can probably google an exchange.Also, meringue powder can be substituted for egg whites as follows:2 tsp. meringue powder+2 tbsp water=1 egg whiteSo I am sure the reverse would work well in making a more crusting buttercream etc.I would...
When I use the Lorann oils I use the entire dram. I think you would be safe to use the entire bottle.
I freeze cakes all the time. I have never had a problem. I would venture to say that it is the recipe. Also, keep in mind, that Cake Boss and all large bakers sometimes have difficulty reducing their recipes to a one cake only amount. If you watch his show, the batter comes out of a machine. So it is a large batch. I have found that many magazine and commercial recipes sometimes do not translate into small amounts. So maybe that is why this happened.I have eaten 1...
What you propose at the moment is risky. The economy is not quite back up to speed.If you are in an area where you will be a niche market then you might do well. I think all these tv shows are not practical. They show people what is going on but in such a condensed form that the talent that does shine is even better when not put under unreasonable challenges. The cup cake shows are not all great. I know I shake my head sometimes when I see one show and how they...
I use them all the time. I use them to make root beer flavoured cakes, orange creamsicle etc.They are great to add not only to cakes but frosting flavours as well.Enjoy.