Posts by Chiara

I agree with everyone here but I would mention one thing. You can do the phone call if you wish but you have to record of it and she can state that she did not get it.I would send her an email right away so that you have an actual printable document as proof that you made the effort to contact her.I hope it turns out ok for both of you.
If your cakes are dry I would possibly buy an internal thermometer for your oven. I wonder if it is not running at the correct temp. I could not understand why you used 5 diff. recipes and they all came out dry???I am thinking your oven is way too hot.Try that and see what happens.Also, the white almond sour cream cake recipe that you can use but make the basic cake or you can use the box. This is a very moist recipe. Almost gooey.Good luck
Wow, they honour other store's coupons? Mine does not. My store is also not customer friendly.If you do not own one and don't want to pay that much $120.00 that I saw the other day, Harbour Freight tools (cheap tool discounter) also sells compressors for a cheaper price. Let us know how it goes. Good luck
Don't think one more minute about it. The cake is great. The lilies are fantastic. I can just tell you that people don't realize what goes into a cake. They have no clue at all. My friends don't ever ask for cakes because they have seen me work hours on them. So do not take this personally. They are just inconsiderate like most people these days.My son tells me that cards are no longer something you give etc. I say baloney but that seems the way people deal with...
I am probably too late for this but don't throw it out. I think you failed to whip it long enough.It not the nicest looking thing until it is beaten to death (no offense) but you literally have to beat it for the 20 full minutes that it calls for. If you found it soupy after that add a bit of sugar but you can beat it longer too.This is a nice recipe that does not taste really sugary. So if you ever think you are going to loose a frosting just add a diet flavoured...
Not sure about the satellites because they are just extra cakes on the sides. However, I would put the cakes on foam core in order to have enough stability to move them so they do not flex. Cover with saran to make them food safe.If you have multiple levels make sure you use a central dowel so the cakes do not slide. This will also help if you put drapes on and have to move the cake once decorated.With regards to the support dowels you can use the Chinese straws and cut...
First off, for a decorated cake she covered your supplies at $40.00 and you also did it last minute.I would not refund her the money.If it were a store, she would have taken the cake back and not fed it to the kids. Evidently it was edible.I would make another to see for myself. Also, the other cakers are correct with the sugar balance. You have to watch that nasty stuff. It screws with the chemistry of the cake.The WASC is moist to being gummy. But again, it would...
The Victoria sponge cake should do fine. It is strong enough to hold the fondant yet light enough to eat.Good luck and have fun.
The one thing is that people don't realize these cakes that they buy are made elsewhere, frozen and shipped from overseas. So most of the decorating is done in house but not too many details are required. Hence lower costs. I am not naming companies or countries but I think you would understand.It is ok to vent.For one, it would be cheaper to buy a gift for a couple then it is to make a cake as a gift.
This is a really cool tool and I commend the inventor. I will not order one however because I do not use just cake. I mix all kinds of flavours and items into my cake balls.So this would not be an option for me. I like the fact that cake balls are more then just cake.Nice item though.