Posts by Chiara

The site that I copied does use a more natural stance, I was just using that to bring into the conversation that we eat plastic/foam in some foods without realizing even though it was approved. You can find those ingredients on the McDonalds web site if you want to use another source and there are many of them out there.  I was just proving a point that not everyone is aware of what they are eating even though it came from a business that serves the public..  
I wanted to weigh in on this topic since it has taken some odd turns and in some cases accusatory stances.  But with the FDA approved foods that we eat from lets say McDonalds you are making the assumption that you are also buying real food that would be harmless.  So the argument that we are always buying with the complete knowledge of things be they sold from private or public companies is not a fact. Please read the contents of that wonderful seasonal sandwich...
you can make Swiss meringue butter cream with stevia which has no glycemic effect. You can find it at the grocery store under the name of Truvia.You can also go to a health food store and buy coconut sugar and substitute it for sugar for equal value and it too has no glycemic effect.
My mother baked out of her head. She used to make custards with eggs, sugar and milk in Pyrex bowls. Poverty cooking really. I just loved this entire discussion. I have never ever been able to find a recipe like what we ate and she has long since passed.I too hope to get to France one day. I have sent both my boys there last summer and now have a friend's son here from Buc for a month. He wants more traditional American baking then French baking. But I must say I...
Wow, I am glad I read this recipe. It sounds so interesting with the roasted beets. I will have to give it a try. I hope you had some luck with the delay.
That cake will never hold any weight. You would be wasting your time. Unfortunately, it is a great tasting cake but it far too light to hold much of anything. Good luck.
Is the cake for a customer or just a cake for friend/family that is not being paid for?If it is a paid cake, then bake another one. Throw the broken one in the freezer to make cake balls at a later date.
Please do not allow this very selfish family to make you quit your passion.Get your cottage licence and then make sure you never let a person do that to you again. A tasting apt. maybe but beyond that have a contract even if the cake is free and itemize the entire process so that it is documented.So she helped with most of the cake did she? Well you live on the same street. I am sure at some point the people will notice that she can't bake so how is it she came up with...
I can tell you that I have had this done a few times and every time it was different.If you are leaving a real cake to be cut by a caterer they will want to chop it up fast because they want to serve it right after the dinner. I had one instance where none of the guests ever saw the cake because the caterer was so nervous about timing that they cut it up before people arrived at the hall. Then to make matters worse, they had some cake in the back because they served...
I would not worry but I would keep this argument in the back of my mind should you need it.Let her say her piece. Then defend yourself by stating that you were just concerned because there are laws that are in place for a reason. State that you were trying to inform the other baker in case something happens because an illness would affect not only her business but yours.Then tell the Farmer's Market Mgt. that it would be detrimental to the Farmers Market if someone were...