Posts by cinnamon

I make tons of roses at a time and just air dry the buttercream roses. I made about 120 a few weeks ago, knowing I had 28 to each tray. Someone left the door to the spare bedroom open for a minute and the dog must have snuck in because when I went in to bring them out- two trays were empty. groann...I would be surprised if you needed much more than a two pound bag to make that many roses- maybe 2- 2lb bags. You get a lot out of a batch of buttercream. Relax, make a cup of...
o wow! I need something too that would take a lot of cake as I mix up one at a time in mine, it has 4 egg whites beaten seperately with 2 cups of sugar...etc...I could mix up a few cakes at a time as it does double well with decreasing eggs and sugar. Ty so far for the great input!
Hey...during the making of my last wedding cake I BLEW ANOTHER MIXER-it was a medium duty stand mixer I purchased when I was not doing a lot of cakes, and things have again changed. This is not uncommon in my 30 years of decorating. I have had 3 kitchen centres from Sunbeam but 2 went within the first five years of use so therefore I actually paid for only one. I have gone through hand mixers in a day...that one I purchased due to being in a pinch... it was what was...
Godiva...where is the pic of the pvc tube made into a fondant tool with instructions?...do you know? I have looked off and on and still haven't been able to locate it.
Here was one that had a few ideas... http://www.paktaste.com/recipes/cake4_kids.aspIt gives you the recipe and at bottom of that page it says see Picture-you click there and the pic comes up.I typed in Pakistan style cakes and there were 106,000 matches...this one on the bottom of the first page- it may take a bit of time but out of the 106,000 there may be a half dozen worthwhile sites.
I found your request interesting and did a google search, one site actually gave recipes and pictures...hope you get lots of responses, but there are a few there.
hi...I had a gal tell me she has had cake from two weddings with a delicious cream cheese icing on a white cake. She says it is so good everyone fights to take the leftovers home. I have perused the cream cheese icing recipes here but wondered which one a person may have used on a wedding cake? thanks for any help!
ok...there is somewhere on here or another site where they show a tool that they have made to put on rolled fondant. I will say that when working with fondant it is easier to go with rolling it on a cake circle the size necessary to cover the cake you are doing...if for a 9 in you add the height of the sides also. Roll it onto the cake circle then slide on the cake, but marking the centre of the cake you are putting it on, so you can get it on as it should be. I will...
Well...finished...delivered! Yay! This cake weighed in at 35 lbs! When the gal came to pick up a Spiderman cake made for the rehearsal party (a joke for hubby to be) I showed her the bottom 16 inch layer and she decided we could go styrofoam for the next layer. People have no idea how big a 16 inch layer is. The top two were still cake though. I also had to do a slab cake cut and boxed. It took me probably close to 20 hrs to make this cake, nothing fast about it. I...
I have made that egg headed spider-man twice now, and it looks so small!! The second time the recipe I use actually did come up and over the sides! I wonder if it really does hold a cake mix? I will definetly purchase a care bear pan, I did not the first time as a friend and I were buying pans together and when I moved she kept that one! It was no big deal at the time as care bears had kind of gone out of the picture.